• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Surprisingly, a lot of people don't notice the metallic aftertaste until it is pointed out to them. One of the pitfalls of using E150a coloring to make your **** look darker.
$53 for Lag 16yr is an amazing deal. Currently working on a bottle of Ellenstown 12yr (Mystery Malt that is widely known as a Cask Strength Ardbeg). Wish I still had some Ellenstown 10yr to A/B it... the 10yr was a steal at $4x... not sure if the same value is in the 12yr at $59.

I get a lot of metal in Oban 14. 18 and 1969 (for $179 in a backwater's liquor store!) on the other hand :inlove:.

I've had the Ellenstown 10 and 12 head to head. The 10 at $39 was the consensus winner, but the 12 was slightly better. It was not even close to $20 better though.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rambo, I know it is a bit late but I kind of like the sparq stones. Don't use them all the time but I do occasionally. for $10, go with it I say.

So, I'm curious to see some pics of yalls collections... Will take a photo of mine tonight...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rambo, I know it is a bit late but I kind of like the sparq stones. Don't use them all the time but I do occasionally. for $10, go with it I say.
So, I'm curious to see some pics of yalls collections... Will take a photo of mine tonight...

Mine is in boxes, for the closed ones, and a cabinet, for the open ones, for the most part. I don't have a nice bar setup.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mine is in boxes, for the closed ones, and a cabinet, for the open ones, for the most part. I don't have a nice bar setup.

i've got "a bar" that is a little two-shelf thing. So i'm in your boat and doing the same!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

do you want just scotch/whiskey?

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's an old picture I posted here a while ago. The collection is far worse now but like ama, I try to not keep too many bottles open. Everything else is tucked away in boxes.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aw man. i wouldnt leave those out in the open like that even if i drank them every day. i'd leave them in a cupboard especially the green and clear bottles

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was a time in my life where I was drinking every night. I was good about decantering what I wasn't drinking quickly plus the wet bar never gets direct sunlight.

Anyway, these days, there are only about 3 open bottles at a time. Everything else is boxed up in the garage.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was a time in my life where I was drinking every night. I was good about decantering what I wasn't drinking quickly plus the wet bar never gets direct sunlight.
Anyway, these days, there are only about 3 open bottles at a time. Everything else is boxed up in the garage.

I also limit the amount of bottles I have open at a time. Really maintains the quality of the spirits.

Ty_Webb

Reaction score

Headed to a Macallan tasting tonight. can't wait

Not jealous. Not jealous at all. How'd it go? What whiskies did they have and how were they? Macallan is one I've never really drunk the old stuff because it's SO expensive and I can't believe it's worth it. Intrigued to hear if there was anything interesting in there.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drinking a Dalmore Gran Reserva. My first experience with this distillery, and it's a good one. Very complex whiskey. Anyone try any of their others?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads