Any One for a Scotch?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by French Cuff Consignment, Dec 14, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

OK, not Scotch, but I am totally done with the Yamazaki 18 year old. I just do not like this whisky at all. Odd, since I am a fran of the 12 year old, but the 18 is just, meh, middle shelf whisky.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

OK, not Scotch, but I am totally done with the Yamazaki 18 year old. I just do not like this whisky at all. Odd, since I am a fran of the 12 year old, but the 18 is just, meh, middle shelf whisky.

I'll pm you my address to send it to me [​IMG]

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I'll pm you my address to send it to me [​IMG]

Full disclosure. The last encounter I had with this particular bottle, I was clad in underwear, guzzling from the bottle, and babbling incoherently about potholes and fiat money.. Still want it?

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Is your name Hank Moody?

5. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I would still take it... I love that whisky :p My shop sold out a few weeks ago, pretty bump out [​IMG]

6. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Full disclosure. The last encounter I had with this particular bottle, I was clad in underwear, guzzling from the bottle, and babbling incoherently about potholes and fiat money.. Still want it?

[​IMG] Sounds like a good night

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

The worst thing that can happen is I contract herpes. The best is I wear underwear while drinking from the bottle, babbling about potholes and fiat money. I could talk for hours on those two subjects. Michigan is the worst for potholes

8. ama

ama Senior member

The worst thing that can happen is I contract herpes. The best is I wear underwear while drinking from the bottle, babbling about potholes and fiat money. I could talk for hours on those two subjects. Michigan is the worst for potholes

Just wait till you visit MN homie.

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

How about you just bring it to the Atlanta SF meetup. And give it to me.

10. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I suppose this is "so yesterday" but about a year ago I ran across some YouTube videos for William Lawson Scotch. I don't know that the whisky is any good but the videos are classic ...and funny. Especially "no rules with Sharon Stone, and #2.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

11. erbs

erbs Senior member

Any recommendations for a first bottle of single malt? I'm ready to move on from Johnnie Black.

12. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Any recommendations for a first bottle of single malt? I'm ready to move on from Johnnie Black.

Highland Park or Macallan 12; great bottles for n00bs to enthusiasts.

13. Waistcoat

Waistcoat Well-Known Member

I second the recommendation for HP12. I started on (and love) JB, HP12 was the first single malt I tried after it. Having tried a few now, nothing but the Islays surpass it for me, it's fantastic.

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

OT a bit. I need to get some proper glasses.. My dad use to drink out of cut crystal glasses. Not sure what they were (and i'm sure he's not sure either). Would never go there for wine (mostly because i don't like how they look) but I used to love those glasses. Suggestions?

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

OT a bit. I need to get some proper glasses.. My dad use to drink out of cut crystal glasses. Not sure what they were (and i'm sure he's not sure either). Would never go there for wine (mostly because i don't like how they look) but I used to love those glasses. Suggestions?

Glencairn