• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now there is one fine cigar. That's my daily smoker, and has been for years!
The 22 Bijou as a daily is quite the indulgence. I like his Cuban Classic’s, but the Bijou line is easily my favorites from the maker.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't found an occasion to open this yet, but dang has the price jumped since I bought it for $200
20220201_214826.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 22 Bijou as a daily is quite the indulgence. I like his Cuban Classic’s, but the Bijou line is easily my favorites from the maker.

I justify it by reminding myself I have the same tobacco bill as a pack a day smoker in Chicago lol.. It's hard to go wrong with anything from Pepin Garcia. Even the line they used to make to give away as freebies at the in-store events (Centurion) can now be bought (about $8 each when you can find them) and are also very good. The La Opulencia and Fonseca are also must tries. Sorry, back to Scotch whiskey now..

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I justify it by reminding myself I have the same tobacco bill as a pack a day smoker in Chicago lol.. It's hard to go wrong with anything from Pepin Garcia. Even the line they used to make to give away as freebies at the in-store events (Centurion) can now be bought (about $8 each when you can find them) and are also very good. The La Opulencia and Fonseca are also must tries. Sorry, back to Scotch whiskey now..
True dat. Years ago I was on quite the kick via cigar bid, trying everything he made. Settled on the two I mentioned, and always give his new stuff a try. But yeah, don’t remember a bad one from him.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought this one last weekend, and man, did I like it a lot. I had been off of the Islay malts for years, just lost my taste for it, but after a Lagavulin 16 at a bar about a year ago, I dove back in. This one was just so good, maybe my favorite of all the Islays I have tried recently.
Have you tried the Distiller's Edition? (finished in PX casks)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the Distiller's Edition? (finished in PX casks)

I love the DE Lagavulin. The raisinated, madeirized notes from the PX casks are a fine but not discordant contrast with the smoke.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@venividivicibj you picking up the independent Glendronach from K&L? That sherry cask looks promising.
I bought 2. I emailed David and he said it's better the usual distillery 15year (Revival) and better than the Amrut Sherry they have currently stocked (that's like $150) and I'm now debating a third...

I mean IB cask strength + 12 year age statement and an active sherry cask? Aberlour/Highland Park/etc are charging $90 for NAS cask strength

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love the DE Lagavulin. The raisinated, madeirized notes from the PX casks are a fine but not discordant contrast with the smoke.
irritates me that they took off the age statement on the DE - I think its now 14/15 years rather than the old 16

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
irritates me that they took off the age statement on the DE - I think its now 14/15 years rather than the old 16

That would irritate me, too. I am drinking the second of three bottles I bought in the oughts. It doesn't have an age statement, per se, but the year distilled and the year bottled - is that gone now? I have two bottles of the Cragganmore DE from that era in reserve also. Never loved the Talisker and Dalwhinne versions. I regret not buying the one bottle of Royal Lochnagar DE that I saw since I love thT malt but it was pretty spendy. Never had the Glenkinchie.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would irritate me, too. I am drinking the second of three bottles I bought in the oughts. It doesn't have an age statement, per se, but the year distilled and the year bottled - is that gone now? I have two bottles of the Cragganmore DE from that era in reserve also. Never loved the Talisker and Dalwhinne versions. I regret not buying the one bottle of Royal Lochnagar DE that I saw since I love thT malt but it was pretty spendy. Never had the Glenkinchie.
No, that’s there, but from what I recall, the DE used to be the normal 16 year plus additional finishing in PX casks. (So it lost 1-2 years)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Straightening up the basement, and came upon this. Totally forgot it was there.

D91E14FD-9753-4525-994E-5BBE13E4750B.jpeg

B408AEFA-0061-4EE8-84A6-E490E7D0ACA6.jpeg

Good stuff.

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I couldn't find the DE Lagavulin but when I was there, noticed a release from Aberlour I'd never seen, Casg Annamh. Anyone try this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads