• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any O.A.R. Fans?

KBW

Reaction score
I stopped by the local record store and noticed they had a new cd (it is awful) but I picked up their old stuff instead and it brought back a lot of memories from my first few years in college. I bought Any Time Now and also Souls Aflame. Any Time Now is incredible for a live cd of such a small band.

coopster

Reaction score
i saw them in san francisco when they were making their transition from old OAR to the current. It was great when they played their old stuff cause everyone knew it and could alone. When the new songs were played our group either stood there/went for a smoke/ or got fresh drinks... i guess the down time was kinda nice.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
I don't know if this is true all over the U.S. but on the East Coast this band attracts the same exact douchebags who are obsessed with DMB.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I don't know if this is true all over the U.S. but on the East Coast this band attracts the same exact douchebags who are obsessed with DMB.

this man speaks truth.

In other words: EPIC FAIL.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OAR?
DMB=Dave matthews Band?

BOA = Black Oak Arkansas!

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
KKKSB=Klondike Ku Klux Steamboat Band!

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had never heard of this band until my friend gave me a copy of one of their CDs and said, "you gotta hear this." My friend worships at the alter of Dave Matthews. I wasn't impressed with what I heard.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The O.A.R. crowd, at least here, like their bourbon a lot more than the DMB crowd.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Say what you will about certain O.A.R. fans, but they're an outstanding live band.

I was at their Mansfield, Mass. concert this year, it was quite a good show.

mmhollis

Reaction score
Man I used to love these guys, haven't heard from them in a while though..

mcpaul

Reaction score
OAR = Original Aspect Ratio?

yes, huge fan.

KBW

Reaction score
I could care less who the typical OAR fan is. Their fans are mostly the college crowd which would be the dmb crowd I guess. I've seen them in LA, Clemson, Atlanta, and Charleston and every time has been a great night. I laugh at people who don't care how good or bad a band is they just don't listen to them because they think the fans are losers. OAR's old stuff is great and I could care less who shows up or not...as long as there is no mosh pit or cigarette being blown in my face I'm ok with any crowd. DMB like OAR has came out with progressively worse and worse music each year.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcpaul
OAR = Original Aspect Ratio?

yes, huge fan.

Is this really the band's name?
Never heard of them, and that usually is only the case with rappers & hippity-hop groups.

What about OCMS? The WSJ guy had a glowing review yesterday about their recent show at the Ryman...

KBW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Is this really the band's name?
Never heard of them, and that usually is only the case with rappers & hippity-hop groups.

What about OCMS? The WSJ guy had a glowing review yesterday about their recent show at the Ryman...

They go only by OAR but does not stand for whatever that guy wrote it stands for Of A Revolution

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 235 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.7%
  • 31 - 40