• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any good recommendation for high rise jeans brand?

xchen176

Reaction score
hey guys,

Do you guys have any good high rise jeans brand that can recommend me ?

price range no more than $250 USD.

Recently noticed that all my jeans are mid to low rise. ( haven't purchase jeans for few years now.) And really want to buy a nice pair, no dry denim tho because I don't think I will have chance to break in.

Thank you all.

GaiusM

Reaction score
How high exactly?
Lots of Japanese brands offer high(er) rises within that price point. I have a couple pairs of Oni high rise though they fit more like a mid rise. How many cm are you looking for?

xchen176

Reaction score
How high exactly?
Lots of Japanese brands offer high(er) rises within that price point. I have a couple pairs of Oni high rise though they fit more like a mid rise. How many cm are you looking for?

Thanks for your reply, I think a 11 inch front rise on a 30 waist if good for me . I'll look into Oni if there's any other recommendation would be great.

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score
Orslow's 105 (straight fit) and 107 (slim fit) are good options. Left field NYC, naked and famous, 3 sixteen, Japan blue's circle straight, Oni, Tanuki, Pure Blue Japan, LVC (1947 and 195r I think) and on and on and on offer medium/high rise options in various cuts. I'd suggest looking at the various offerings at Standard & Strange and blue owl to find the right pair.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
I've had great luck with 3Sixteen's NT fit and Japan Blue's High Tapered. Both are sufficiently high, front and back.

Also, if you're comfortable taking your own measurements, Soso does custom denim at 30% off first order, which ends up being cheaper than either of the above and you can go as high with the rises as you want.

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score
I've had great luck with 3Sixteen's NT fit and Japan Blue's High Tapered. Both are sufficiently high, front and back.

Also, if you're comfortable taking your own measurements, Soso does custom denim at 30% off first order, which ends up being cheaper than either of the above and you can go as high with the rises as you want.

On the MTO/MTM note - luxire can do pretty much whatever you want for ~$100. Sizing can be a bit of a gamble (I've had issues with the shape of the rise not working for me), but it's hard to beat for the price.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
On the MTO/MTM note - luxire can do pretty much whatever you want for ~$100. Sizing can be a bit of a gamble (I've had issues with the shape of the rise not working for me), but it's hard to beat for the price.

That's interesting. Similar issue with Luxire here with classic trousers.

I've only used Soso once so far, and they were great. They're also in the mix with denim heads through the Redline Rally and Indigo Invitational, so you're getting fabric with the intent to fade. Not quite at the level of Iron Heart or Rogue Territory's ISC or Cryptic, but very nice choices.

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score

I've only used Soso once so far, and they were great. They're also in the mix with denim heads through the Redline Rally and Indigo Invitational, so you're getting fabric with the intent to fade. Not quite at the level of Iron Heart or Rogue Territory's ISC or Cryptic, but very nice choices.
Interesting- luxire's selvedge definitely isn't worth writing home about but it gets the job done. I've been pretty happy with my Orslow's - I have another pair of 107's on the way right now.

xchen176

Reaction score
Orslow's 105 (straight fit) and 107 (slim fit) are good options. Left field NYC, naked and famous, 3 sixteen, Japan blue's circle straight, Oni, Tanuki, Pure Blue Japan, LVC (1947 and 195r I think) and on and on and on offer medium/high rise options in various cuts. I'd suggest looking at the various offerings at Standard & Strange and blue owl to find the right pair.

Thank you so much.

that is a lot of options, I will look into it !

xchen176

Reaction score

Great reminder, I actually got a dress shirt from Luxire to test the fabric and fit and I love it. Maybe I'll give them a try again.

xchen176

Reaction score

I will look into these as well. Thanks for the reply.

GaiusM

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, I think a 11 inch front rise on a 30 waist if good for me . I'll look into Oni if there's any other recommendation would be great.
Oni - anything in the 900 series should suffice. 902, 915, there are several different variations but all right around 11 inches @ 30
Momotaro - 0405, 0901
Samurai - S3000
Warehouse - 1000 series
Some are a touch shy of 11, some closer to 12. Depends on the precise model you want.
I'm not too familiar with Warehouse, they have all kinds of other models.
Spend some time searching around Denimio's (terribly programmed) website or if you can handle some Japanese look at Hinoya, Americaya 610, or individual brand sites. You can skip most of the text, just compare specific model numbers to the size charts. You want around 28cm at 30 waist for an 11 inch rise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics