• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Are AM shoes high instep like Vass/Enzo Bonafe ?
2. Do people generally size up half size from their regular size in his shoes ?
3. How is the experience for everyone who have taken their own measurements and sent to AM to make MTO personal last handwelted shoes.

For 1 and 2, you can refer to post #2598 that I posted recently.

3. Dalevy has given a very good answer and I do agree with him, I too had pretty good experiences after doing my own measurements and sending them to him. I would advise getting one assistant to help you with it, and do get the test shoes done as well, as it serves as a very good way to give him feedback, and to have another pair of nice shoes.

erikged

Reaction score
Unboxing & Maiden Voyage Pt I
Foxglove in Sassi di Matera Suede

IMG_8865.jpg

IMG_8863.jpg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dalevy and @ThunderMarch - thanks a lot for sharing your experience and feedback.
I will like to first try the RTW model and see how that goes for me by sending over my measurements to him/getting recommendation.
I see options for Centurion RTW and Kudo Principles2 MTO which seem interesting to me.
Then, for the second pair do the personal last Argentum handwelted option.

ktown

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Meccariellos from The Sabot.

20170811_101833.jpg

20170811_101853.jpg

20170811_101913.jpg

I sized up from my usual 7UK to 7.5UK and the fit is good. This seems like the consensus sizing advice. These are a lower end range so they are goodyear welted. Still, for the price I like the quality. I haven't worn them out yet so I can't comment on the true character of the shoes.

In the second pic above, look how nice and thin the waist looks. Plus it's beveled and you get that nice polish on the bottom. I noticed while trying the shoes on that the heel feels pretty sturdy and is fairly small relative to some other shoes I own.

One of the nice things about all the Meccariellos I've seen is the finishing and polishing job on the finished shoes.

This shoe is on the soft square last. I enjoy chisel toe shoes, and while these don't have very sharp angles at the toe, they still have a nice shape. My go-to shoe so far has been Vass U last, but the fit is not great on those for me. These shoes have much more toe room for me and are more comfortable. I assume the chisel 1 and 2 lasts would also feel fine and comfortable since I've read those have even more space.

I may try an MTO at some point - I'd want lasted trees, metal taps, maybe HAF, handwelting, and the ability to select last, model, and other details. Overall I'm satisfied with these.

(Not sure why a pic keeps appearing at the bottom despite editing)

20170811_101833.jpg

Last edited:

canon5dfan

Reaction score
Just got my first pair (test boots!) from Antonio. Gorgeous but did take a little bit of time to put them on. But once they're on boy did they fit so well! Only thing I can find is a splotch of brown wax? paint? on the suede.

Antonio was kind enough to gift the metal toe tips too :) I know I'm supposed to wear these for at least a month but I cannot wait for my final shoe :)

DSCF1698.jpg DSCF1699.jpg DSCF1700.jpg DSCF1701.jpg

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those test boots are great. I immediately thought they looked fantastic when I saw them on AM's IG.
My advice is to wear them often over the next 2 weeks and then give Antonio the necessary feedback.

Once, in my hurry to get my final pair under way, I didn't wear the test shoes long enough.... Turned out that after some wear, the fit was already nearly perfect, but in my haste, I gave premature advice, and the final shoes ended up being a little loose.

nkapped

Reaction score
Just got my first pair of Meccariellos from The Sabot.

View attachment 827232

View attachment 827233

View attachment 827234

I sized up from my usual 7UK to 7.5UK and the fit is good. This seems like the consensus sizing advice. These are a lower end range so they are goodyear welted. Still, for the price I like the quality. I haven't worn them out yet so I can't comment on the true character of the shoes.

In the second pic above, look how nice and thin the waist looks. Plus it's beveled and you get that nice polish on the bottom. I noticed while trying the shoes on that the heel feels pretty sturdy and is fairly small relative to some other shoes I own.

One of the nice things about all the Meccariellos I've seen is the finishing and polishing job on the finished shoes.

This shoe is on the soft square last. I enjoy chisel toe shoes, and while these don't have very sharp angles at the toe, they still have a nice shape. My go-to shoe so far has been Vass U last, but the fit is not great on those for me. These shoes have much more toe room for me and are more comfortable. I assume the chisel 1 and 2 lasts would also feel fine and comfortable since I've read those have even more space.

I may try an MTO at some point - I'd want lasted trees, metal taps, maybe HAF, handwelting, and the ability to select last, model, and other details. Overall I'm satisfied with these.

(Not sure why a pic keeps appearing at the bottom despite editing)

View attachment 827229
I'm the same size as you and followed that sizing advice when I placed my order (for AM Chisel 2 last), so this is good to know!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. Those test boots look better than any Edward Green Gakways I've ever seen...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads