• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

bsarosi

Reaction score
I have tried on two different occasions to reach out to Meccariello support with questions about sizing and fit, but was ignored both times. Can anyone help me?

I'm interested in purchasing Valerius loafer. I usually wear 10.5D US size. 9.5 Lobb and Enzo Bonafe. I do have high instep, due to that I avoid chelsea, loafers, but I do read reviews that Meccariello does have high instep. What would be the recommended size? Does Valerius have high instep?

Thanks

I would recommend size 10 for you on soft square and hawksbill lasts (half size down from US). If the Valerius you're looking at is on a chisel or round last, you might consider size 9.5 (full size down from US) due to the length and a slightly roomier fit. Although if your instep is quite high as you note, you may want to stick with 10.

Have you tried communicating with AM on Instagram chat? He's pretty active and found he responds pretty quickly if you can't get in touch with him via email.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
by the way, were you on the museum grey (with I believe tonne down contrast?) on deucrion II GMTO? how does it compare?

I wasn’t, but I think @bamboo has a pair in museum grey and I’ve seen it in person. The museum grey is more “blotchy” like it should, and pearl grey is more like the monochrome gradient you see in Berluti.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, follow up for the previous post about a GMTO of loafers in pig skin.

Till now @deez shoes and @checksformeccs have expressed interests. And that's three out of six for a GMTO. Anybody else are interested?
I'm sorry, @yikai . Since I didn't see a lot of traction and I knew orders will start to flood in after May began, I went ahead with MTO.

sfo423

Reaction score
I have a feeling the loafer will give me a lot of slippage (I have low volume foot w/low instep and vamp). Antonio suggests a modification with a special insole to make it fit. Not sure if its worth it for a RTW shoe. Plus, I cannot find a 'real' picture of the dark brown suede grain.

First world problems.

@sfo423 - I own the Valerius from Yeossal on soft square (Argentum welted), but don't have a photo in the wild. As for fit, I wear 8.5 in chisel 2 and 9 in soft square, albeit the 9 is definitely a looser fit whereas the chisel 2 in 8.5 fits perfectly.. For the Valerius I had to add a tongue pad and a heel pad to prevent heel slippage while wearing them with no socks. 8.5 would've probably been a better fit in hindsight, but the pads do the trick and these were one of the last pairs available at a steep discount.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No problems. Which model did you choose?
Same, Valerius loafer but on the A207 last (chisel 3).Originally I wanted the black pigskin but Antonio talked me into adding color to it. I'm not sure what that will look like but it's getting some red tones, I guess

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same, Valerius loafer but on the A207 last (chisel 3).Originally I wanted the black pigskin but Antonio talked me into adding color to it. I'm not sure what that will look like but it's getting some red tones, I guess
Wow, can't wait to see that!

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet that is going to look ****-hot. I was really intrigued by the pigskin loafer myself, until I did some reading lately about pig being a rough material for shoes. That it was super stiff or something. Not sure I'll let that dissuade me in the end, but it did slow me down a touch.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet that is going to look ****-hot. I was really intrigued by the pigskin loafer myself, until I did some reading lately about pig being a rough material for shoes. That it was super stiff or something. Not sure I'll let that dissuade me in the end, but it did slow me down a touch.
Antonio says he has 2 types of pigskins available; one that's a bit tough and another that's very soft. I'm not sure what the soft one is but he says it's not peccary. I chose the soft one for my MTO.

yikai

Reaction score
if you are interested in pig skin shoes, you could check the video from Kirby from Hanger Project. He has committed several pig skin loafers from Cleverley. I don't think there is any better or more direct way to get an impression. I personally have committed a new bespoke Oxford with brown pig (boar) skin. I don't find the skin itself is any stiffer than calf skin. At the end, the stiffness is largely, if not solely, dependent on tannery process.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Shoe shine day.

Attachments

• 199032F0-E1EB-4934-8646-2C622328C120.jpeg
    199032F0-E1EB-4934-8646-2C622328C120.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 048A8388-2148-4106-A1E3-EC5D9808AA39.jpeg
    048A8388-2148-4106-A1E3-EC5D9808AA39.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 91
  • DEEC9FF2-7C1C-4F2A-AE7B-7E58E44E04B0.jpeg
    DEEC9FF2-7C1C-4F2A-AE7B-7E58E44E04B0.jpeg
    225.8 KB · Views: 111

demian

Reaction score
Antonio says he has 2 types of pigskins available; one that's a bit tough and another that's very soft. I'm not sure what the soft one is but he says it's not peccary. I chose the soft one for my MTO.

Dear these attached are mine,
loafer in wild boar ,i think in the soft version you told.(these were test shoes for bespoke loafers in Porosus)

Antonio Call this Wild boar.i have seen the skin and is

very small animal ,about 6 foot square size.
,just one pair of shoes from a skin and peformance was very good,;)
:)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads