• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Edward Nigma

Reaction score
@clee1982 @evangel21 thanks guys, that's really helpful. I suppose the 74945, when broken in, is a little loose, which I like because I'm on my feet all day.

I suppose if the chisel 2 is a little smaller overall, but still wide in the toe box, and a touch longer, that broken in it should be fine.

How fast do you guys feel the AMs take to break in properly, in normal calf leather, compared to EB shoes?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In general I don't have break in problem like others do (or I never bother regardless brand I buy, I just take out the box on first day then wear all day and would walk 3 miles in it on day 1 as well). If I think something doesn't work I sell, though I don't own stuff that suppose to be hard to break in (StC/Meermin etc.).

I had pretty much zero break period in for EB/CJ/AM etc.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the only one that had more break in period for me was L&T now come to think about it (though that one was borderline tight).

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arrival date March 4 ?
Makes me feel slightly better about mine.
Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.16.02 AM.png

Although I have some pretty awesome stuff on the way to hold me over. ?

evangel21

Reaction score
@clee1982 @evangel21 thanks guys, that's really helpful. I suppose the 74945, when broken in, is a little loose, which I like because I'm on my feet all day.

I suppose if the chisel 2 is a little smaller overall, but still wide in the toe box, and a touch longer, that broken in it should be fine.

How fast do you guys feel the AMs take to break in properly, in normal calf leather, compared to EB shoes?

Don't really have a break in issue with my AMs and EBs.

Edward Nigma

Reaction score
In general I don't have break in problem like others do (or I never bother regardless brand I buy, I just take out the box on first day then wear all day and would walk 3 miles in it on day 1 as well). If I think something doesn't work I sell, though I don't own stuff that suppose to be hard to break in (StC/Meermin etc.).

I had pretty much zero break period in for EB/CJ/AM etc.
You are an absolute madman! If I wear new shoes straight out of a box all day my heels will look like Tim Roth in Resevoir Dogs after he's been shot ?

But yes I find the EBs and CJs are pretty quick to soften, but a pair of justin fitzpatricks is much stiffer

AWu

Reaction score
In the contrary, I found EB almost impossible to break in. Given that my pair is a pair black oxford, it never gave 0.25 size to my feet as I believe I am 2 sizes in between... :brick:

You are an absolute madman! If I wear new shoes straight out of a box all day my heels will look like Tim Roth in Resevoir Dogs after he's been shot ?

But yes I find the EBs and CJs are pretty quick to soften, but a pair of justin fitzpatricks is much stiffer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads