• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello GMTO Ideas

What colour would you like for this GMTO?

• Antiqued Grey

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Grey museum calf

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Chisel 2

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Soft Square

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Argentum Welted

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Handwelted

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

GYWFan

Reaction score
It's Melograno. The color is quite nice. It can be pretty dark inside the room. I remember there is a picture for this color under sun in this thread or AM thread, you may have a check. I sent my pair to a cobbler to insert metal toe tip so I can't send a picture of how it looks like under sun. Sorry about that. Overall speaking, I think it's pretty nice, more visually impactful under sun compared with dark brown. I think the Cafe tostato can be lighter than Melograno from the pictures from AM's IG but I can be wrong.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Chester

Has anyone else received their GMTO order yet or at least an email from AM? Nothing on my end yet but pumped to see that they are slowly being received!

GYWFan

Reaction score
I sent an enquiry email earlier in the week and have heard nothing since unfortunately.

frighter3

Reaction score
I may have cocked-up the list (sorry) but I could be interested in:

HW
Pig skin (dark brown, probably)
Soft Square
Oak tanned

I refer to the GMTO.

AM replied me that since they are busy with another GMTO.

They would start our GMTO by July, this summer.

If any one interested, plz fill in for my reference to make the order.

Plz remind that only more than 6 or at least 6, AM will accept the order.

Thanks

samu12ai

Reaction score
  • Model: Centurion (Split Toe Derby with Handsewn Apron)
  • Construction:
  • Handwelted +4
  • Argentum Welted
  • Leather:
  • smooth box calf +2
  • pig skin + 2
  • Color:
  • Dark Brown + 2
  • Whiskey + 1
  • pig skin noce
  • Last:
  • Argentum Soft Square + 1
  • Round
  • Hawksbill
  • Chisel 2 +3
  • Sole:
  • Leather
  • Rubber
  • Oak Tanned +4
Interested in Pig skin noce, chisel 2, oak tanned

bsarosi

Reaction score
Shameless plug since it sounds like another Centurion GMTO is in the works:

If anyone's a size UK 9 on the AM Round last and is interested in the Centurion, I may have mis-sized on the Centurion GMTO from Yeossal and would be willing to sell at cost + shipping. The shoe is Argentum Welted in Nuvalato Misty Brown on the Round Last in UK 9.

Delivery of shoes will be in the next couple of weeks. I went with my Soft Square size only to find out after that one is advised to go a full size down for the Round last instead of a half size. AM inserted a removable sock liner to help the shoe fit like a UK 8.5 lengthwise, but if they have too much volume as I expect, I will put them up on B&S and post a comment in the AM thread.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gentlemen,

Hope you guys have been well.

So there has recently been some interest on IG, for a GMTO of the Hastatus 2 model. Which is basically an adelaide oxford with floating medallion and a dipped peak at the facing.

The design being this:
H2.jpg

Discussions have thus far been pretty preliminary but here are the details (amongst the majority) so far:

Colour: Some shade of brown (at least medium to dark)
Captoe preference: None
Last: Haven't really discussed yet but Chisel 2 probably makes the most sense, open to options
Contrast facings / heel: No strong preference in the group yet
Heel counters: Peaked (as in picture below)

peak.jpg

Construction: Argentum welted
Price: 550 Euros

I was thinking of changing out the medallion to another one. It'll still be floating, just another design, so it doesn't look too similar to the Hastatus 1. Not sure what the rest think.

There are 7 to 8 interests so far.

So I'm putting this up for discussion if anyone else is keen.

Cheers.

cypi2

Reaction score
@ThunderMarch, it is nice to hear from you, and, I hope you have been well too.

I am interested in this GMTO.

I wonder if there would be any interest for mondo nero red (see right below).

mondonero red.jpg

Otherwise, I would prefer a very dark brown.

I would also prefer no captoe.

The chisel 2 works for me, but, I would also be interested in the May Fair 2 (see right below).

MayFair2Last.JPG

Contrast facing are fine.
Peaker heel counters work for me.
I have no strong preference for the heel or for the medallion.
Argentum welted is fine with me.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to have you on board @cypi2 !

Yes I've been well. Still very much into shoes and have been getting to know more makers.

Have noted your preferences. With regards to the colour, the majority of the guys seem to have a preference for a dark brown shade. Which I know is your second choice. Do you feel strongly about mondonero red?

With regards to the Mayfair 2 last, it's actually a really nice last to be honest. I do have some experience with it but it is on a chukka. My impression is that it is a fairly generous last, a little longer and wider at the toebox. I would probably recommend most folks to take it a half size down compared to their size on the Hawksbill / Soft Square. Meaning, probably just take their regular UK size.

There is a risk though, of course, I could be wrong, especially since I have not tried it on a shoe. There also isn't as much consensus on the Mayfair 2 sizing (not as many people have tried it).

cypi2

Reaction score
@ThunderMarch, Thank you for your prompt reply.

I thought that with my ever growing rotation my passion would start to wind down, but, it is not the case. And just like you, I am still very much into shoes.

Your remark about your discovering new makers makes me curious, and I would be very much interested in learning about who they are as we share the same tastes in shoes.

I do not feel strongly about the mondonero red as I already have a pair of Meccariello shoes in this leather color. I was not sure whether there was any strong sentiment about a color, and, I thought I would just mention it as I felt it could work well with the Hastatus 2.

A really dark shade of brown will work as well as the mondonero red for me.

I share your experience with the mayfair 2 but on a pair of shoes in my case: It is a nice last but quite generous indeed, and, if I would have another pair of shoes made on it, I would go down by half a size because of this last’s length and wideness in the toe box as you suggest.

I am not particularly attached to the mayfair 2 either, but, I thought I’d just mention as there seemed to be no consensus yet on a last and as I felt it could work well with this Hastatus 2.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gentlemen,

Hope you guys have been well.

So there has recently been some interest on IG, for a GMTO of the Hastatus 2 model. Which is basically an adelaide oxford with floating medallion and a dipped peak at the facing.

The design being this:
View attachment 1194927

Discussions have thus far been pretty preliminary but here are the details (amongst the majority) so far:

Colour: Some shade of brown (at least medium to dark)
Captoe preference: None
Last: Haven't really discussed yet but Chisel 2 probably makes the most sense, open to options
Contrast facings / heel: No strong preference in the group yet
Heel counters: Peaked (as in picture below)

View attachment 1194928

Construction: Argentum welted
Price: 550 Euros

I was thinking of changing out the medallion to another one. It'll still be floating, just another design, so it doesn't look too similar to the Hastatus 1. Not sure what the rest think.

There are 7 to 8 interests so far.

So I'm putting this up for discussion if anyone else is keen.

Cheers.
@ThunderMarch

First, great hearing from you again and hope you are doing well.

I´m interested in participate in this GMTO. As a referens for me:

Last: Chisel 2 works just fine

Colour: Dark brown.

Captoe: Would prefer without

Medallion design, heel counters and contrast facings; no strong opinions

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ThunderMarch

First, great hearing from you again and hope you are doing well.

I´m interested in participate in this GMTO. As a referens for me:

Last: Chisel 2 works just fine

Colour: Dark brown.

Captoe: Would prefer without

Medallion design, heel counters and contrast facings; no strong opinions

Hey thanks! I've been good, and hope you are too.

Glad to have you on board as well!

Your preferences are well noted. Think most of the other guys would also concur with what you have in mind.

@ThunderMarch, Thank you for your prompt reply.

I thought that with my ever growing rotation my passion would start to wind down, but, it is not the case. And just like you, I am still very much into shoes.

Your remark about your discovering new makers makes me curious, and I would be very much interested in learning about who they are as we share the same tastes in shoes.

I do not feel strongly about the mondonero red as I already have a pair of Meccariello shoes in this leather color. I was not sure whether there was any strong sentiment about a color, and, I thought I would just mention it as I felt it could work well with the Hastatus 2.

A really dark shade of brown will work as well as the mondonero red for me.

I share your experience with the mayfair 2 but on a pair of shoes in my case: It is a nice last but quite generous indeed, and, if I would have another pair of shoes made on it, I would go down by half a size because of this last’s length and wideness in the toe box as you suggest.

I am not particularly attached to the mayfair 2 either, but, I thought I’d just mention as there seemed to be no consensus yet on a last and as I felt it could work well with this Hastatus 2.

Thanks for your input! Looks like most of the guys are keen on a dark brown so I'm happy it works for you too.

Appreciate your input on the Mayfair 2 last, I think we're in agreement on the fit. And I'll ask the rest of the participants what they prefer.

With regards to new makers.... Sheesh I'm not sure where to start! These days I've been in touch with makers who are making shoes on a relatively small scale. And have tried quite a few from China.

A lot of you guys are probably familiar with Yim. And to be honest at this current time, he's probably the one who's really blown me away the most. He's improved so much over the past few months it's unbelievable.

I also have a pair from Lu Yang that's almost done. He's been sending me progress pics over the past couple of months and his work looks excellent. He's self taught, ambitious and has quite a bit of talent. Definitely another gem there.

I also have a pair under way with Zhao Ruoda who had spent some time learning, apprenticing and working at Bemer. He's another incredible maker but priced above both Yim and Lu.

From closer to home I've ordered a few pairs from Winson shoemaker (Indonesian). He hasn't reached the refinement of the abovementioned Chinese makers but at his price point, he's really good. He's also a super nice guy.

Have also focused quite a bit on Japanese bespoke makers, my current in-process orders are with TYE, Eiji Murata, Koji Endo and Barbavitra (Yasuhiro Koui).

Also ordered a pair with Raz Maftei, whose upper work for his competition shoes I really loved. That's a brief summary more or less. Some other miscellaneous stuff I won't get into.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads