• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anna matuozzo.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oshinex
Mina's pricing:
Anna M shirts :
500 euros for Riva and Anderson fabrics
450 euros for others

Ambrosi pants:
$700-$800

So are you insinuating they just charge higher prices to MAFOOFAN?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Anna Matuozzo RTW shirts are $300 euros, about $444 at todays exchange rate per an email this week.

Are RTW shirts hand made?Hand sewn buttonholes, collars, sleeves, etc?

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pejsek
I actually don't think you'd have any trouble selling $1000 shirts here in the US--at a certain point the higher price is part of the attraction.

A Veblen good? Discovering Veblen goods is a hobby of economists. Maybe this is one of them.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is her in case anyone is wondering:

2665433288_6140201bcf.jpg

pejsek

Reaction score
In the years since this thread began I have thrifted an AM bespoke shirt. I suspect I should thank Matt. It's a very understated and all-around nice shirt. And quite slim enough. I often have my doubts about good taste, but not here.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A while back a visitor to Borrelli factory was told that "hand-sewn sleeves make the garment easier to wear".
Is this sorta whale poop commonly fed to laymen ?
Moreover, I fail to see the practical benefits of acquiring super expensive, super fine fabrics which can't hide your nipples.
Exclusivity aspect notwithstanding.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I like about hand sewn sleeves is the little bit of slightly gathered fabric at the top of the shoulder. (I'm sure many of you know the Italian name for it). It gives an interesting and more assertive look IMO. It is also a feature that can't really be done by machine and have it look the same. Having been involved in product development all my life I get a real enjoyment out of nuances of craftsmanship. Even if most people will never even notice or appreciate it. However, I must say I also enjoy it when details such as this are noticed and appreciated by my satorial brethren.

But, for a shirt to look it's best you need a good fit. And a marginal fitting shirt with loads of handwork will never look as good as a machine sewn shirt that fits properly.

As far as fabrics, my experience has been mixed. Some very expensive fabrics show wear quickly while some medium grade fabrics last forever and are quite comfortable.

By the way, a number of the highly regarded Italian shirt makers produce some shirts with less hand work at a lower price. Don't assume handwork unless you an actually see it and especially if you are getting a whopping deal.

Originally Posted by Christofuh
A while back a visitor to Borrelli factory was told that "hand-sewn sleeves make the garment easier to wear".
Is this sorta whale poop commonly fed to laymen ?
Moreover, I fail to see the practical benefits of acquiring super expensive, super fine fabrics which can't hide your nipples.
Exclusivity aspect notwithstanding.

hip_priest

Reaction score
I bought some shirts from AM in Napoli last year, and if I recall correctly the price was Euro480 per shirt. This included shirts made from Riva or Anderson fabrics.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The thing I like about hand sewn sleeves is the little bit of slightly gathered fabric at the top of the shoulder. (I'm sure many of you know the Italian name for it). It gives an interesting and more assertive look IMO. It is also a feature that can't really be done by machine and have it look the same. Having been involved in product development all my life I get a real enjoyment out of nuances of craftsmanship. Even if most people will never even notice or appreciate it. However, I must say I also enjoy it when details such as this are noticed and appreciated by my satorial brethren. But, for a shirt to look it's best you need a good fit. And a marginal fitting shirt with loads of handwork will never look as good as a machine sewn shirt that fits properly. As far as fabrics, my experience has been mixed. Some very expensive fabrics show wear quickly while some medium grade fabrics last forever and are quite comfortable. By the way, a number of the highly regarded Italian shirt makers produce some shirts with less hand work at a lower price. Don't assume handwork unless you an actually see it and especially if you are getting a whopping deal.
Originally Posted by Christofuh
A while back a visitor to Borrelli factory was told that "hand-sewn sleeves make the garment easier to wear". Is this sorta whale poop commonly fed to laymen ? Moreover, I fail to see the practical benefits of acquiring super expensive, super fine fabrics which can't hide your nipples. Exclusivity aspect notwithstanding.
Anna's shirts have a quality character that I have never found in anybody else's , including Charvet and Hilditch bespoke! Even my Huntsman shirt wasn't as nice,although their tailoring is the best. Maybe I'm just addicted to Italian shirts!:)! The fact that some people are heavier on their shirts just means they should avoid high count shirtings, I'm lucky I can wear 240s on a daily basis It feels nicer but costs a lot more!:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads