• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ankle Boot Appreciation! Here are mine, show me some of yours?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
23w703o.gif

SWEET!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
The Jodphurs? Those look really good.

Well, I would have called them jodhpurs if Williams didn't sell a Chelsea that they call a jodhpur. I mean these.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Williams boots from Orvis. They are really very nice and quite comfortable. And you can't beat the price.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Just got my Williams boots from Orvis. They are really very nice and quite comfortable. And you can't beat the price.

Are they true to sizing (e.g. 12 fits like a 12)?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Excellent. Price was great. I wish they'd had wides tho. I've learned the hard way that no matter how good the price, it's too high if the shoe don't fit...
confused.gif

EDIT: Damnit, damnit, damnit!

The price from Orvis was too good. I've ordered them. If they're too small, I can send them back, right?

You guys are terrible influences...

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of R.M. Williams Craftsman boots from Orvis at 50% off their original price of $350, less a 20% off coupon I had from them, so $140 +shipping and taxes. Not sure what sizes are left, but its worth checking as they are significantly cheaper than ordering from Australia.

What is the code for the 20% off coupon?

Thanks,

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grim, Orvis is great about returns, no worries there.

Monty, The Man continues to oppress you. I had an Orvis one time coupon due to them messing up another order, so there is no code. Sorry not to be able to help you fight the power. And yes, they are true to size, I wear a 12D and they sent an Aussie 11G(listed as US12), which fit perfectly.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grim, Orvis is great about returns, no worries there.

Monty, The Man continues to oppress you. I had an Orvis one time coupon due to them messing up another order, so there is no code. Sorry not to be able to help you fight the power. And yes, they are true to size, I wear a 12D and they sent an Aussie 11G(listed as US12), which fit perfectly.

Thanks for the comfort, saint. Do you know whether Orvis will accept returns in-store for items purchased online?

They didn't have any 12s, so I ordered an 11.5 Worst case, I guess I'm out the shipping costs.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator

<snip> If toughness and durability are what you are after I would recommend kangaroo leather (they are as common as rodents here and not endangered).

Does anyone own kangaroo-leather boots? If so, can you comment on how it looks compared to, say, calf? Is it very rough-grained? Suitable for dress boots?

Thanks,
grim.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will take returns in store, just bring in the receipt. Also, these are made out of &quot;yearling&quot; leather, so halfway between calfskin and regular leather.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They will take returns in store, just bring in the receipt. Also, these are made out of "yearling" leather, so halfway between calfskin and regular leather.

Thanks, Saint. I was asking about Kangaroo because bootsonline has the jodhpur in black kangaroo.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Thanks for the comfort, saint. Do you know whether Orvis will accept returns in-store for items purchased online?

They didn't have any 12s, so I ordered an 11.5 Worst case, I guess I'm out the shipping costs.

I'm a US size 12D also, so I opted not to buy the 11.5. Saint must have gotten the last pair of size 12 (Thanks for posting the Aussie size, though. Now I know to order the 11G). I really wanted black anyway, so you've saved me money.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads