• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angry People

Motol12

Reaction score
Why are some people angry all the time?

Seriously, this is something I've been thinking about a lot today. We all know those people who are just constantly enraged at the world, and are waiting for the slightest problem to arise so they can scream and yell at everyone around them. Namely, at Dunkin' Donuts today a man told me if I didn't get off my cell phone he was going to break it. Why? Why is he so mad?

Not really expecting an answer, just musing out loud about permanently pissed off people.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
you should have told him to just mind his own business. ? i mean, you have the right to be on your cell. unless you were all kept in the store against your will and you were chatting loudly or something. i guess better not, he may have been a lunatic. people are definitely strange.

at least that guy will give you a piece of his mind. around heres, all you find are rather amusingly smug, entitled, passive-aggressive people. they are worse so dont fret.

hootdocta5

Reaction score
you should have kicked some ass and taken some names

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a friend who has become a very angry person over the years. It's become so bad that we rarely talk anymore because she's always negative, about everything. She has pissed off so many people that I'm one of the few people who'll bother to talk to her on occasion, most people avoid her like the plague.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you do to make him angry?
wink.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motol12
Why are some people angry all the time?

Seriously, this is something I've been thinking about a lot today. We all know those people who are just constantly enraged at the world, and are waiting for the slightest problem to arise so they can scream and yell at everyone around them. Namely, at Dunkin' Donuts today a man told me if I didn't get off my cell phone he was going to break it. Why? Why is he so mad?

Not really expecting an answer, just musing out loud about permanently pissed off people.

Well, cell phones will do that to people.
eh.gif
Why were you on the phone in a doughnut shop? Were you calling to tell someone that the glazed were gone? Were you jibberjabbering? Talking loudly? So engrossed in your conversation that you were holding up/slowing down the line?
confused.gif
Many places now tell you not to use phones inside. This is a positive development. In fact, you probably shouldn't use your phone unless you are by yourself or in an environment aproximating a phonebooth (i.e. no one can hear you).

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
...you probably shouldn't use your phone unless you are by yourself or in an environment aproximating a phonebooth (i.e. no one can hear you).

I'm guessing the OP is by himself often.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I completely agree RomaFan, there is something extremely annoying about someone loudly talking on their cellphone in a public place.

One of the stupidest things I've ever done is confront someone in an airport over their cellphone use. The guy was just such an ass, complaining that the whiskey on the flight was Dewar's, loudly talking on his phone the second the flight touched down about his flight to Mongolia, holding up the entire line to slowly stow an inflight magazine into his bag, etc...

I shot him dirty looks the entire flight because of this. As I walked by him in the tunnel out of the plane and into the terminal, he muttered "asshole" I wheeled around dropped my bags and proceeded to ask him what he said, etc...

The guy backed down and I got some adolescent satisfaction out of it, but about thirty minutes later I realized I had almost just started a fight in an airport (with subsequent arrest almost guaranteed) over some fat douchebag on a cellphone.
ffffuuuu.gif

(My cool story bro for the day)

Point - the guy probably overreacted, but you probably deserved it.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I'm guessing the OP is by himself often.

Not often enough in my opinion.

stewartu

Reaction score
I think it becomes habit for some people. A pity.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So today I'm waiting in line during the morning rush at dunkin donuts and some asshole won't stop talking on his cell when it's his turn to order. The lady at the counter is just waiting for him to place his order, but he's gabbing to his friends about the drape of his suit, and his latest jantzen shirts. The whole frickin' line was being held up and I got so pissed I threatened to break his phone if his panzy ass didn't hurry up and order.

Not really expecting an answer, just musing out loud about people on cell phones.

clotheshorse69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
So today I'm waiting in line during the morning rush at dunkin donuts and some asshole won't stop talking on his cell when it's his turn to order. The lady at the counter is just waiting for him to place his order, but he's gabbing to his friends about the drape of his suit, and his latest jantzen shirts. The whole frickin' line was being held up and I got so pissed I threatened to break his phone if his panzy ass didn't hurry up and order.

Not really expecting an answer, just musing out loud about people on cell phones.

Good.

Scoundrel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Motol12
Why are some people angry all the time? Seriously, this is something I've been thinking about a lot today. We all know those people who are just constantly enraged at the world, and are waiting for the slightest problem to arise so they can scream and yell at everyone around them. Namely, at Dunkin' Donuts today a man told me if I didn't get off my cell phone he was going to break it. Why? Why is he so mad?
The real world's a *****. Then you die.

Mr. White

Reaction score
You know, a guy might be angry about what his ***** said that morning, or about some asshole who cut him off in traffic before he got his morning coffee, or maybe because the guy in front of him in line farted.

We've all been pushed and pushed until we can't stand it and lash out at whoever we're next to. That's the life of a man. Just ******* take it and get on with your life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads