• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

mr. burns

Reaction score
posted on sufu. i should be getting mine pretty soon. i'll take more pics.

Originally Posted by andewhall
Some folks have been e-mailing asking for extreeeeme denim close up pictures.

Raw
denimraw.jpg

One wash
denimwashed.jpg

Weft close up. Love this pic, you can see where the feed dogs have taken a bite out of the rivet base.
denimweft1.jpg

More weft action
denimweft2.jpg

Veggie

Reaction score
These are my first real pair of jeans I've owned, 31x32 slackers. I have to say, I love these jeans to death!! I might try a pair of somet next.

mr. burns

Reaction score
this is the closest match i've seen to the real color/texture of the new denim.

mr. burns

Reaction score
it's not 'streaky' really. looks more like a crosshatch when viewed at a certain angle. and i wouldn't know how it compares to older denim.
aw-2.jpg
aw-3.jpg

photobooth

Reaction score
Crosspost from sufu:
I know I was frustrated by the lack of photos of the new Japanese denim so hopefully some of these photos will help convince people of the great jeans Ande makes.

These are Slackers I got on March 5. Warm soak made them pretty hairy and they have a very subtle slub to them which should lead to some awesome falling. The raw denim has a really nice reddish purple caste in the sunlight which is now fading into some beautiful blues.

4455011549_04cc623084.jpg

4455797266_2591b15b2b.jpg

4455795590_7f59f93923.jpg

4455796650_8d19ed18d4.jpg

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have any fit pics, photobooth? I'd like to see how the slackers compare to the grifters.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
higher rise i believe thats it right?

photobooth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Do you have any fit pics, photobooth? I'd like to see how the slackers compare to the grifters.
I'll see if I can get some up sometime this week.
Originally Posted by poly800rock
higher rise i believe thats it right?
Yeah, I was sick of the uncomfortably short rise on my APCs. The higher rise also gives a bit more room in the thighs

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I've finally got my first pair of Ande Whalls Just got my first pair of Ande Whalls: Ande put some thought in to potentially using some AI denim, so I basically purchased his sample pair. The cut I chose was "Slacker" in attempt to achieve a fit similar to a "Grifter" after a soak. The "Slacker" cut has a little extra room in the rise, which will shrink during the soak. The construction of these jeans is exceptional. You can tell that there is a lot of care that went in to making these. I decided to post detail shots (and yes, I know they are large), because I think the details are the best part about these jeans. Full detail shot:
IMG_0700.jpg
Tag :
IMG_0703.jpg
Tag (Closer):
IMG_0708.jpg
Ande Whall Tab / Contrast "Wings":
IMG_0714.jpg
Linen Patch:
IMG_0726.jpg
Coin Pocket:
IMG_0732.jpg
Donut Button:
IMG_0740.jpg
Upturned Selvedge:
IMG_0748.jpg
Hidden Rivet (From the inside):
IMG_0764.jpg
Selvedge (Inside)
IMG_0766.jpg
Pocket Bag Detail:
IMG_0777.jpg
Pocket Bag Detail (Closer):
IMG_0780.jpg
Selvage Fly:
IMG_0784.jpg
I plan to soak tomorrow night, at which point I'll post fit pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads