• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An apology from an Englishman

BonkeyDollocks

Reaction score
I would just ike to take this oppurtunity to say a few words about the big fight between Floyd Mayweather and Ricky Hatton that took place last saturday night in Vegas.
Just before the fight started,there was a period of time devoted to the national anthems of the countries of the respective fighters.It as at this point when the American National Anthem was being played that a huge percentage of the british (english) support disgraced themselves by booing.
I find that such behaviour by so called sports fans utterly reprehensible and I just cannot find any words in defence.Because there aren't any.
I apologise (as a proud Englishman) for the actions that disgraced my fellow countrymen and thus overturning any goodwill offered to Hatton by the americans in one fell swoop.
PS.Needless to say,even though I was slightly upset by the end result,I feel that overall justice was served.And if Hatton (or indeed any british boxer)fights over in the States any time soon,I sincerely hope that any support that crosses the Atlantic observes the common courtesy afforded them by their american hosts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads