• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmunds - Fit of Executive Last 2

barzen

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life...

I purchased a pair of the Van Ness 10.5 D in Executive Last-2 about 6 months ago. I've noticed for a while that they fit pretty snug in the toe and that often times my feet hurt after wearing them for too long, especially compared to the Park Avenues (which are a Welted 5 last). In fact, I've developed plantar fasciitis (Google it) since then, and I think that wearing shoes in the Executive Last-2 may have exacerbated the problem. Walking around in my Park Avenues I have no pain at all, while in the Van Ness it hurts after 15 min.

Does anyone know which last the Executive Last-2 corresponds with the closest from this list from the AE website? I doesn't list that specific last.

I'll definitely be purchasing another pair in the Welted 5, but I'm wondering which others might work.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barzen
Bringing this thread back to life... I purchased a pair of the Van Ness 10.5 D in Executive Last-2 about 6 months ago. I've noticed for a while that they fit pretty snug in the toe and that often times my feet hurt after wearing them for too long, especially compared to the Park Avenues (which are a Welted 5 last). In fact, I've developed plantar fasciitis (Google it) since then, and I think that wearing shoes in the Executive Last-2 may have exacerbated the problem. Walking around in my Park Avenues I have no pain at all, while in the Van Ness it hurts after 15 min. Does anyone know which last the Executive Last-2 corresponds with the closest from this list from the AE website? I doesn't list that specific last. I'll definitely be purchasing another pair in the Welted 5, but I'm wondering which others might work.
You know, some of us like to browse the forum while we eat, and you seem to want us to know about your foot diseases every time you post in a thread. now this is the second time in 2 days that I hurled my food reading about your, what the f**-was-it-called? planters biscuits? Please...enough.

barzen

Reaction score
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Anyway, the question still stands -- anyone have thoughts on the Exec. last 2?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last 2 has a very low instep. While the rest of the shoe fits my feet fine, the instep is a killer. I had to get my Presidio stretched, it now fits fine.

Not sure which last matches Exec Last 2 in that list however. Have you tried contact AE directly?

Asian Afro

Reaction score
I have a low instep and Van Ness in US8E fits me snug in the forefoot, but slightly loose in heels. I could use a bit more toe room and a tighter heel fit, but I've had no trouble walking in them.

The left shoe did rub my ankle until I bled, though. I had to ask a cobbler to pad the left heel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads