• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Mora 2.0 - Normal from wear or byproduct of it being a seonds?

jexbrah

Reaction score
Bought a pair of AE mora 2.0 in bourbon, I love the shoes but quick question. On a pair of the shoes looks like its a bit wrinkled, I'm guessing that may be part of the reason why it is a second, however the other shoe, part of the leather seems to dent inwards at the top buckle with creasing. Is this something that would normally occur from wear? Anyway to kind of flatten this creasing/dent out as the shoe tree does not fill in this part.

Wrinkle:

Creasing/Dent:

mikej77

Reaction score
Very nice pick. I probably wear my Moras more than any of my other AEs. With that said, they are shoes. That small divot/dent wouldn't bother me. I would wear the **** out of them, clean/condition them once in a while, and enjoy them.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of AE mora 2.0 in bourbon, I love the shoes but quick question. On a pair of the shoes looks like its a bit wrinkled, I'm guessing that may be part of the reason why it is a second, however the other shoe, part of the leather seems to dent inwards at the top buckle with creasing. Is this something that would normally occur from wear? Anyway to kind of flatten this creasing/dent out as the shoe tree does not fill in this part.

Wrinkle:

Creasing/Dent:

I'm going to move this thread to our specific "Menswear Advice" forum, where others can learn from your questions as well.

Cheers,

Fok.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With that said, they are shoes.

Very, very true.

I've seen posts from people worried about damage to their shoes if they have to walk 100 feet in a light rain. If they have to wear the same pair two days in a row while out-of-town on business. If a shoe - gasp! - gets lightly scuffed. Concerned about the sole developing signs of wear if the shoe is worn while walking on a concrete sidewalk. About whether they should fasten shoelaces very loosely, so as to avoid "damaging" the shoe.

They're shoes. They're meant to be worn while engaged in normal activity. They will develop signs of wear, because they will be worn. That's their purpose. The role they are intended to play. No, don't go out of your way to abuse them, and yes, provide reasonable care in maintaining them (cleaning and some shoe creme now and then), but don't turn a shoe into a fetish.

They're not Fabergé eggs. They're not meant to be kept on display, behind glass, pristine, so that they can be admired as delicate works of art.

My car cost far, far more than any pair of shoes I've ever owned, or likely than anyone contributing to this conversation will ever own. I drive it in the rain. I drive it on occasionally rough pavement. Birds have been known to poop on it, and many bugs have smashed into it at relative speeds in excess of a mile per minute. Passengers have worn their street shoes into it. I have handled the steering wheel without first pulling on a pair of clean gloves.

All of which is fine, because it's something I purchased primarily for purposes of transportation, and not primarily as an object to be venerated for its untouched perfection. Sure, I try not to abuse it, and I provide my car with reasonable care and maintenance, but after 4 years and 57,000 miles of driving it, it is no longer utterly identical in every way to how it looked at the moment it came off the assembly line. Any sort of inspection would show signs of use.

Most people here can, I think, accept this with regard to an automobile. But for some reason, a certain percentage of people have greater difficulty accepting it with regard to the enormously less expensive and far more easily replaced pair of shoes.

Marc S

Reaction score

Wrinkle:

Creasing/Dent:

@jexbrah - Here are some pics of the seconds I just received from the Shoebank. Similar issues. How have yours held up?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads