• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds customer service

wizards8507

Reaction score
First post here, hoping someone can help me out. I recently made the decision to step up into "big boy" footwear and order my first pair of Allen Edmonds shoes. Until now, I've always worn $50 - $80 shoes until they've worn out, then thrown them away and replaced them. Prior to my AEs, I'd been wearing my first pair of entry level leather-soled shoes and I fell in love with the idea of resoling and decided to upgrade. So I ordered the Rogue in black back on February 22. They didn't ship until February 24 and I didn't receive them until February 29. After wearing them once, I was disappointed to see that there was a cut / tear in the top layer of the sole. Additionally, the lining inside the right shoe was put in shoddily. The back wasn't flush to the heel of the shoe and the other end wasn't glued down properly so it bunched and rolled under the arch of my foot all day. I contacted customer service on March 1 and didn't get a response for three days. When I did, they provided me with a return label and I sent the shoes back immediately for repair. It's now been three weeks and when I sent a follow-up e-mail they basically replied "we're working on it." One of the reasons I made this investment is because I heard great things about AE's customer service, but it's going to be well over a month from the day I ordered to the day I actually have a wearable pair of shoes. Am I being unreasonable on my expectations of the quality and timeline here, or is this an anomaly?

tl;dr... AE shoes took two days to ship, five days to arrive, and arrived defective. Customer service took three days to respond to an e-mail and they've had the shoes for three weeks for repair.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To be honest, it doesn't sound that bad. As a customer, you want your stuff to ship immediately, but two days isn't bad at all. Depending on where you live, 5 days to receive them isn't bad either and if you needed them quicker, you could've paid for expedited shipping.

Give them time to fix the shoes. If they are doing a complete resolve/recraft job, that takes time. I know they should have shipped you shoes that weren't defective in the first place, but they did send a label and are working to correct the issues. Give it time...

I'll also say that AE shoes are not worth $400. They aren't bad for an entry level shoe if you can get them in the $200 range, but not at $400. If you haven't taken a look at Carmina, you can see them at Carmina Shoemakers direct site, Gentlemens Footwear, and Skoaktiebolaget...to name a few. Your AE should serve you a good long time, but the the construction and finishing isn't on the same level as Carmina. Congrats on upgrading your shoe game...you'll never look back.

Last edited:

IChen

Reaction score
Give them time to fix the shoes.

Also, I always recommend doing it through a store whether it's repairs or returns because then you are there in person, and the store has more need to "fix/help" your problem.

wizards8507

Reaction score
I just got them back today and it doesn't appear that they actually did anything besides unglue the piece of leather inside the shoe and then glue it back down. They didn't "recraft" anything and didn't even fix the problem with the cut on the top layer of the sole. I'm pretty upset but I'm not waiting another month.

Last edited:

IChen

Reaction score
I just got them back today and it doesn't appear that they actually did anything besides unglue the piece of leather inside the shoe and then glue it back down. They didn't "recraft" anything and didn't even fix the problem with the cut on the top layer of the sole. I'm pretty upset but I'm not waiting another month.

Unfortunate. But I would just take a picture of the damage and just keep contacting customer service stating that you're not happy with what you received. Just state that it was a defect and that they didn't really repair the shoe at all but you need a pair of shoes to wear immediately. Who knows? Maybe they may give you a discount refund or maybe a pair of "seconds" or whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics