• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterellington

Reaction score
@rc121 @Neo1 Re: suede Gobi sizing. I'm 9.5 on the brannock but 10D fits me just right on the 65 last. Tried the suede Gobi earlier this year. 10D were swimming on me. We tried a 9.5D and my big toe was just poking the front of the shoe. I probably needed a 10C but don't think they made 'em in that width. So I had to pass.

Interestingly enough, I normally rock an 11.5D or E, but my foot was just dying in an 11.5D Suede Gobi. Even with that soft suede, it was death on my instep—which actually has never been an issue for me.

The 12D was/is absolutely perfect. And sooooooooo comfortable to walk around in. They break in quickly!

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I do almost all of my Allen Edmonds shopping online, but today I stopped by one of their stores in Manhattan. It was great to see what everything looks like in the real world. I was really impressed with the brown pebble grain First Avenues and MacNeils -- as I wrote above, it makes me feel bad about just having ordered a pair of the "regular" brown MacNeils. I was also impressed with the Yorktown, and with the snuff suede Malverns. I hadn't seen their snuff suede around in a while; I had forgotten how nice it looks.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do almost all of my Allen Edmonds shopping online, but today I stopped by one of their stores in Manhattan. It was great to see what everything looks like in the real world. I was really impressed with the brown pebble grain First Avenues and MacNeils -- as I wrote above, it makes me feel bad about just having ordered a pair of the "regular" brown MacNeils. I was also impressed with the Yorktown, and with the snuff suede Malverns. I hadn't seen their snuff suede around in a while; I had forgotten how nice it looks.
WOAH WOAH WOAH
Snuff suede Malvern? Thought they discontinued the Malvern. That's great news! I've got a pair in Brogue suede I wear all of the time!

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RichieP - didn't realize this was going to be for rain/bad weather. Personally I always use the Aberdeen or Black hills. The rush st should be fine too. Not sure about the McT - the double sole is definitely durable, it's just not something I would normally use in the rain like those others.

SimplyStylin

Reaction score
My apologies -- I meant that they brought back the "Dundee," not the "Malvern." Although I saw one in snuff suede in the store, and it doesn't seem to be online. Has anybody else seen a suede one in person?

I saw the Dundees in suede the other day... I thought they looked great. Didn't get to try one on (I have the calf version of the 2.0 already) or check the quality of the suede out, but am planning on going back soon to do so, and maybe grab a pair for the fall.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I saw the Dundees in suede the other day... I thought they looked great. Didn't get to try one on (I have the calf version of the 2.0 already) or check the quality of the suede out, but am planning on going back soon to do so, and maybe grab a pair for the fall.

ShadowOf

Reaction score
Can someone recommend an nice inexpensive dress belt versatile enough to wear w/ chili/walnut/merlot shoes

Orion Leather Company: http://www.orionleathercompany.com/mens-full-grain-leather-belts-s/259.htm

Their returns are put on their eBay store and can be had for $20/30. Very nice full-grain leather belts...I have a London Tan 1.25" which goes well with walnut, and a Burgundy 1.25" which is very close to my merlot McAllisters.

Their eBay store doesn't have any returns for sale at the moment, but keep watching (or spend the $50 at their website): http://www.ebay.com/sch/Belts-/2993/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=orionleather&_sop=15

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wore my AE x SF Eagle Rivers tonight.

Lovely shoes, but dressy for jeans, no? :inlove:

namgungh

Reaction score
The shoes look good, especially for the price you paid. Fit is tricky for your first pair and I learned the hard way that you cannot rely on a brannock or the printable chart to size yourself properly. The first pair of Allen Edmonds I bought were black Park Avenues. I measured myself on a brannock and tried on a few sizes in a local store that stocked AE as I did not have an AE store near me. I measured between 8.5D and 8.5E on the brannock (or so I thought). I ordered the 8.5E and wore them a few times. They felt a little tight but I read that they should "break in". After wearing the shoes a few times and eventually starting a new job in NYC, I thought something was off and my feet began to hurt so I went to an AE store. I asked to be sized and found out that a combination of my wide arches and short toes meant that I should be wearing a 10D. The SA really helped me out (I sent an email to corporate and will forever order through her) and the 10D PAs I have now are the most comfortable dress shoe I have ever owned. If you have the opportunity, I'd recommend going to an AE store to be sized. As for the heels feeling slightly loose, I thought the same but once broken in a lot of that goes away. My SA tells me to fit the ball, not the heel.
I myself also have wide feet but short toes; where I am measured between 8D/8.5D on Brannock,or Printable chart from AE gives me 8E/8.5E.
I have been wearing PA 8E for about year and my pinky toes still feels tight at the end of the day. I am still debating whether I should still get another pair of 8E for next pair of 5th last AE.

but I cannot see how 8.5 -> 10 size helped you better ... it seems very odd for me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads