• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMT1

Reaction score

Can I remove/fix these scratches, or should I return the shoes? I hate to return them because of the great price.

Thanks.

Gorgeous shoes. Have you tried polishing them out with a cloth? I've found slow rubbing with some good pressure can usually get out anything but the deepest scratches on shell, and some recommend either a deer bone or the back of a lightly warm spoon for this as well.

Pictures would definitely help.

If you could buy one pair of Daltons, which would you choose:
Walnut, bourbon, or chocolate?
My current boots are are black (and brown) AE Cascade and a brown grain AE Malvern chukka.

Of your listed choices, I'd choose bourbon.

When faced with the same choice myself, I chose oxblood although I would like to grab a pair in bourbon down the road.

Last edited:

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Walnut shell Dalton's today, they have aged well and I really like the color they have developed over the last couple of years.
Great minds think alike.
Easily my favorite AEs.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How did you score them for $175? Odd size? Additional discount?

$209 plus tax = 225 (ish)
225 - 50 AmEx promotional credit = 175.

Ish.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As always, the walnut shell Dalton is a jaw-dropping boot.

I polished up the bourbon Strands for a trip into NYC. I forgot how much I love the color after wearing what seems like shell-only shoes for the majority of the past few months.

Those look fantastic, Chris! What color polish did you use (this time around)? I'm hoping to transform my walnut daltons to look something like that.

Last edited:

CMT1

Reaction score

Those look fantastic, Chris! What color polish did you use (this time around)? I'm hoping to transform my walnut daltons to look something like that.

Thanks! There are a few light coats of AE's bourbon polish that I purchased with the shoes in February 2014, but this time I just used a very light coat of AE neutral polish to add a bit of slickness, followed by a lot of brushing.

The color in my photo isn't really the best since it makes the shoes look like a dark burnished walnut without any of the green cast they normally show, but this pic taken by my wife at 11:30 p.m. on the train home (when I was properly disheveled post-nap) is a better representation of their color:

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Good afternoon gents,

I picked up a pair of Burgundy Shell Cordovan Park Avenues for $229 before the SB caught the error. The pair I received looks pretty good, except for some fairly significant scratches near the eyelets. Left as is, they are clearly visible when looking at the shoe.

Can I remove/fix these scratches, or should I return the shoes? I hate to return them because of the great price.

Thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to include pics.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
127-ish for my Daltons (no tax, no shipping). Still didn't like them - would have rather paid double or triple for Shaker heights.

garland

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to include pics.

Those scratches are easily dealt with. wet cloth, bick 4, and brush till the cows come home. IF that doesn't work, a TINY amount of burgundy cordovan cream should help to fill the scratches in.

namgungh

Reaction score
I currently owe size 8E of Park Avenue; its been a year but I noticed long wearing hurts/sores my feet on the width, where my index finger can fit-in at the back of the shoe.

I'm thinking of trying 7.5EE of Strand, but wondering if anybody had any success in going down half size in length, and going up one in width? would 8E vs. 7.5EE have same length? (or perhaps 7.5EEE?)

Someone has replied on this saying they had success from going down half length and increase width size,

Generally, does increasing width change the length of the shoe as well? i.e. 7.5EE -> 7.5 EEE?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still considering getting the Dalton. I'm not sure about the sizing though.
My normal size in the 65 last is 13B. This is usually slightly big (volume and length) for my right foot, and just right for the left. (I found the Rogue in this size to be a little roomy, by the way).
What would you recommend for the Dalton?

Last edited:

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still considering getting the Dalton. I'm not sure about the sizing though.
My normal size in the 65 last is 13B. This is usually slightly big (volume and length) for my right foot, and just right for the left. (I found the Rogue in this size to be a little roomy, by the way).
What would you recommend for the Dalton?
I'd say 13B - length-wise won't be slightly big anymore with the Dalton, but width I would say is a little more. I'm assuming you have no arch issues - that will change things significantly on the Dalton fit.

Never tried the Rogue but heard that runs way larger overall.

mdubya

Reaction score
I wear an 8.5E in Park Avenue/Fifth Avenue, 9E in Strand/McAllister/Sherveport, 9D in leeds, and 9D in Dalton, if that helps.

My TTS is 9D. Dalton has a bit more room in toebox with a similar length to the 65 last, I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads