• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfixit

Reaction score

The Port Washington factory is set up to assemble welted shoes. Who needs a boat shoe with a big, heavy Goodyear welt?
Not exclusively. My kenwoods are not Goodyear welted but made in Wisconsin. There is no reason they couldn't make them here except cost. And I'd pay more for American made. If I wanted the cheapest thing possible, I wouldn't buy AE.

Brown Dynamite

Reaction score

So the $97 GOBI arrived. Overall pleased for the $. The welt is perfect, even like how they double stitched it. One boot has striping but not overly bad. Can't really tell under normal lighting. The issue with this pair was the wrinkled shafts but it's not the end of the world to me. Dark marks on the left boot is water. I dropped a half size to an 8.5D and they are perfect for a 9.5C brannock foot
Padded insole was a nice surprise.

And of course FedEx gave me a nice 27$ phone call. **** you too FedEx.

Bummer about fedex, but the boots look great! Mine are set to arrive on Thursday and I'm hoping the flaws are as tolerable as yours!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone getting seconds and find things not fitting similar previous sizes of the same last...sometimes seconds are not lasted correctly.

Happened with my Odenwalds and Daltons...several pairs in same size for each. While I don't think the wrong last is used but they clearly were lasted off center or something...some didn't event sit propper.

Had I not had two or three pair of the same size to compare it too I would have tried a different size.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bummer about fedex, but the boots look great! Mine are set to arrive on Thursday and I'm hoping the flaws are as tolerable as yours!

Yeah im used to it by now just whining. I'm pretty lenient on seconds. I guarantee this pair would have set off more than a few members in this thread. Hopefully yours are decent. I'm thinking there is a reason why these are at 97$. And there seems to be quite a few of them too. Take them for what they are.

Biggest thing for me on seconds is how do they look when I look down at my feet. If that is ok, I'm usually good to go. And these pass that test.

Shoedddude

Reaction score
First post here. I am planning on keeping things pretty simple and conservative...i.e., I currently have a pair of brown Park aves, and I kinda just want a pair of black Park Aves, and maybe even a pair of Walnut Park Aves. Call me crazy, but they're just super comfortable and most importantly super versatile.

So, my question is, are the Park Aves on the shoebank on sale at all at $199? It seems like I usually see them at maybe $229? Just wanted to check to see if they are really on sale at all right now.

Thanks!

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First post here. I am planning on keeping things pretty simple and conservative...i.e., I currently have a pair of brown Park aves, and I kinda just want a pair of black Park Aves, and maybe even a pair of Walnut Park Aves. Call me crazy, but they're just super comfortable and most importantly super versatile.

So, my question is, are the Park Aves on the shoebank on sale at all at $199? It seems like I usually see them at maybe $229? Just wanted to check to see if they are really on sale at all right now.

Thanks!

$199 for PAs seconds are a good deal. I'm not sure whether I've seen them lower than that. Even if they were, how much lower can it possibly go?

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daltons came today. The left one is in great shape the right ones tongue has seen better days. I'll probably still keep them as I put them in the back of my wardrobe already. I also kind of want to darken them up from the walnut.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish the Maritimes were USA made as I would love to play with the cxl colors to make something like these...easily my favorite boat shoe in terms of colors..super versatile...the side panels are blue and red..picture looks greenish and pink

You can still make red and blue combos with the Maritime.
1f60e.png

In fact, I have a very similar second pair.

namgungh

Reaction score
I currently owe size 8E of Park Avenue; its been a year but I noticed long wearing hurts/sores my feet on the width, where my index finger can fit-in at the back of the shoe.

I'm thinking of trying 7.5EE of Strand, but wondering if anybody had any success in going down half size in length, and going up one in width? would 8E vs. 7.5EE have same length? (or perhaps 7.5EEE?)

Maxy

Reaction score
Man.. I wore these shoes for 10 mins at home today. I like the shoe and fit but the issue is the squeaking sound, air whooshing sound. Its been consistent for every step. Damn, I hope it goes away after break in, I don't want to return these shoes for this reason. Anyone has experience on this issue?
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

tyort1

Reaction score
I currently owe size 8E of Park Avenue; its been a year but I noticed long wearing hurts/sores my feet on the width, where my index finger can fit-in at the back of the shoe.

I'm thinking of trying 7.5EE of Strand, but wondering if anybody had any success in going down half size in length, and going up one in width? would 8E vs. 7.5EE have same length? (or perhaps 7.5EEE?)

I did exactly that with my Universities. Works beautifully.

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daltons came today. The left one is in great shape the right ones tongue has seen better days. I'll probably still keep them as I put them in the back of my wardrobe already. I also kind of want to darken them up from the walnut.

Before you put them away, I'd probably try wearing them at home for an extended period first - I had an arch/instep issue with the right boot that, on hindsight probably would have been a deal breaker for me but they sort of finally "broke in" ok, but only after a TON of wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads