• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tb43

Reaction score
Do you mean that you have a crease across the tip of the wing? I think that's actually pretty common. I've seen lots of people with a crease between the medallion and the end of the wing. AE has sometimes has funky creases regarding toe caps and wingtips...(see the Eagle country boots and Lexington bluchers)

Exactly, the middle of the crease line is right at the very tip and extends out. Glad to hear it's somewhat normal, just wanted to know if it was a clear indicator that I got the wrong size.

TrojanX4

Reaction score

Last question:
I'm normally a 9.5d in the 65 last pretty much across the board. Although I do have 2 pairs of 9e in the 65 last. I'm interested in a Leeds, but have never tried on the 511 last. Any sizing differences that you gents have experienced that I should be aware of?  Please let me know!

For me I go up 1/2 size on the 511 last vs the 65 last. Stay with the D width though.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time wearing these in awhile since it's now finally starting to be spring.

Al Dente

Reaction score
Hey, it could be worse - I don't have any creasing on my Daltons and still hate the way they feel for the most part.  Thank god it's getting warmer out - they won't see the outside of my closest for many months...
[/quote]

<--- This makes me sad, although I will say my Daltons and Long Branch hurt my heel a little after a while. I've never felt that before.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I have the Black Hills and used AE Cleaner Conditioner on them. Buffed them off and they look great.

Chris
Chris -- I am considering ordering a pair of the Black Hills from the Shoe Bank. What do you think of the color? To my eye, it appears a bit darker than the typical walnut color they use for dressier shoes. If I buy a pair, it would be to wear on days when it was damp, but not so much so that I needed to wear boots or rubber overshoes, and I may wear them to outdoor events like football games and rowing races. Do they look too dressy for that sort of wear?

LEgoiste

Reaction score

Franciscan monks for a nice Easter Sunday lunch on the patio.

Nice! I'm getting a pair if they are on sale next week.

Sizing question: I'm a 10.5 C on the Brannock device, but I have semi-high instep. So, I ordered a pair of Harrison oxfords, which are also on the 333 last, in size 10 3E and they fit perfectly. Should I go with the same size with the Franciscan, given that they are bluchers?

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentleman. Going to try out some saphir products next to see what the hype is all about.

YouArePOWER

Reaction score
Hi all. Just bought my first new pair of AE (previously my 'nicest' pair of shoes were Cole Haans).

Question: how much variance is acceptable on the uppers?

I bought a pair of Carlyle in Walnut, in 9.5D, but they were too narrow (and slightly long). Just got a pair of 9E, shipped directly from AE (via Nordstrom, whom I purchased original pair from) and this pair is not as nice looking as my 9.5.

Left shoe has long streaks in the leather (right does not) and a bubble on outside edge where toe box meets vamp, and right shoe has some texturing near the right-side eyelets. Are these things too minor to make these seconds?

New shoe (9E) above old shoe

These are brand new firsts. I know every pair will look slightly different but is this totally fine? They are 25% off at Nordstrom but I don't think that should affect which stock AE chooses to send me, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads