• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
A quick dumb question regarding the amex 50 off 200 offer, is tax included? If not, do i have to make the purchase in one location only? I'm asking because I'm eyeing a pair of $199 fifth ave seconds and another $97 chukka boots but they are available in two different outlet locations.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score

A quick dumb question regarding the amex 50 off 200 offer, is tax included? If not, do i have to make the purchase in one location only? I'm asking because I'm eyeing a pair of $199 fifth ave seconds and another $97 chukka boots but they are available in two different outlet locations.

Just call one location and they should charge you once

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All outlets pull from the same inventory. You can buy both from one store.

gatszu

Reaction score

Its total charge of $200. So after taxes, your 199 fifth Ave will be more than 200. You'll qualify for the offer.

Troilus

Reaction score

Its total charge of $200. So after taxes, your 199 fifth Ave will be more than 200. You'll qualify for the offer.

Has anyone actually gotten the deal to work at Shoebank?

kentyman

Reaction score
[Walnut Shell Strands] are the best shoe AE has made to date. Period.

-Mike

That is, until our Natural Shell Strands arrive. ;)

chenzhongbi

Reaction score

Just call one location and they should charge you once

All outlets pull from the same inventory. You can buy both from one store.

Awesome. Thanks guys.
A follow-up noob question, if I want to start building some rapport with an SA, can I call a store and place an order for shoes stocked in other locations? My gut feeling says yes, but I'd like to get a conformation here.

Septimus

Reaction score
Yes. The SA will be happy to get you shoes ordered form another location. And I believe the SA still gets full "credit" or commission, or whatever, so your "rapport" will be well-served.

rostov

Reaction score
On behalf of @peppercorn78 who started this GMTO yesterday, we already have 16 lined up for a possible Eagle River GMTO. This is enough to go ahead, and we've already verified that we can get Black Friday pricing on this boot as long as its submitted by Monday. The Eagle River is an Eagle County by another name... Specs are still being finalized but we're likely looking at one of the following:

Eagle River brogue suede (between snuff and bitter choco in shade)
Dark brown Flat welt with medium transparent brown edge
V-Tread solo with leather midsole (or double butyl)
Blind eyelets

Eagle River olive suede
Chili split reverse welt w light brown transparent edge
V-Tread tap sole w leather midsole
Brass exposed eyelets with three speed hooks and top eyelet.
Tan laces

Eagle River oxblood calf
Flag black welt with black edge dressing
Double butyl sole
Black exposed eyelets with 3 speed hooks and top eyelet.

There have also been rumblings about doing a suede shaft / leather vamp, of which I'm personally excited for.

Anyone interested should head over to the MTO thread. Again, we're already at 16 expressing interest, but we need 12 to confirm and approve a single make-up before submitting the order.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicking myself for not calling the Shoebank earlier today. Finally saw a 12D pair of Strands in Oxblood. Should have called at 7:00 when they first opened. By 9:00, they were gone. On the plus side, I'm on the waiting list for a pair and they're honoring the $249 price that's available right now. Just hoping they get in before the $50 off a $200 purchase with an Amex card expires, because I'd love to snag a pair for essentially $199.

P.S., if it was one of you who snagged them, I may have to change my mind on hunting man for sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads