• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Spoke with shoebank. Current sale is only those styles pictured, every color that's available in your size. All at 144.50 a pop. Styles are:

Delray
Boca raton
Mayfair
Patriot
Cody

Franciscan is NOT a part of the sale

Got brown delay. Should be a versatile shoe.

No more shoes for a while, geez.

jch1

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of their used AE suede shoes?

I'm trying to get a feel for how the creases make the suede look after a bunch of wear.

Thanks in advance!
I've got suede players, neumoks, MTO strands, and amoks. None of them have any creases. If anything, the players have developed a very slight roll that if I was stretching, I'd compare to that of shell cordovan. I can snap pictures tonight.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering . . . Does anyone out there own brown (or walnut or cappuccino) shell Leeds or similar PTB? Pics?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got confirmation that my MTO Leeds are shipping today! I hope to have them by the end of the week

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got suede players, neumoks, MTO strands, and amoks. None of them have any creases. If anything, the players have developed a very slight roll that if I was stretching, I'd compare to that of shell cordovan. I can snap pictures tonight.

Oh interesting.
Thanks!

Last edited:

mavrik13

Reaction score
Spoke with shoebank. Current sale is only those styles pictured, every color that's available in your size. All at 144.50 a pop. Styles are:

Delray
Boca raton
Mayfair
Patriot
Cody

Franciscan is NOT a part of the sale

Got brown delay. Should be a versatile shoe.

No more shoes for a while, geez.

I have a black delray from back when they were selling them (seconds) for $129. Great, versatile shoe. Wish mine were brown instead of black - I'd wear them a lot more. Hard to go wrong at that price!

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about a pair of 2nds Burgundy shell Dundee's. Is it to blasphemous to put a topy over the JR sole? Or would one really be needed for walking over dry grass? Going to a farm wedding in april and depending on the weather would like to wear them.

Also how hard would it be to change the edge/heel dressing to a natural from the black. Or basically similar to the Brown Dundee on AE's site.

Thanks!

luv2breformed

Reaction score

I have a black delray from back when they were selling them (seconds) for $129. Great, versatile shoe. Wish mine were brown instead of black - I'd wear them a lot more. Hard to go wrong at that price!

Yea, pingson posted a great outfit with brown split toes a while back. I've been meaning to get some and this seemed like a good opportunity. I think they will see a lot of use from me.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, pingson posted a great outfit with brown split toes a while back. I've been meaning to get some and this seemed like a good opportunity. I think they will see a lot of use from me.

Haha. So that's why you bought them!

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to love my brown Delrays, until I decided the 8 last does not work for me.
cloud.gif
Great shoe.

Scottyb06

Reaction score

Ditto - I have suede Neumok, Amok, and Strand and have no creasing at all. Love them, especially my Amoks :)

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
2nd of 2/250: Tan (walnut) RL Singletons...

I like both acquisitions... A staple loafer and casual double monk (that I will dress up regularly) in one fell swoop. Thank you 2/250!

Singleton's piping and vertical stitching are askew, however - but it took me a while to find it. Top piping along the rear of shoe is off as well...

...Neither are deal breakers though. Right pinky toe stretch needed.

Jackboot

Reaction score
What's the deal with shoe bank returns? I ordered and returned 2 pairs because neither fit well. I received a refund on my credit card but it is for $21.20 less than the original charge. I thought returns to the shoe bank were a flat $10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads