• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email. The styles they list on the web page is literally all they have left.

Delray, Cody, Mayfair, Boca Raton, Patriot

Nothing to get excited about.

The Boca is a stunning shoe...unless you are extremely conservative in dress that shoe in walnut is amazing.

rodaman

Reaction score
The Boca is a stunning shoe...unless you are extremely conservative in dress that shoe in walnut is amazing.
not to say that the selection is crap. Just so limited that it doesn't warrant the same excitement as the 2 for 250.

on a happy note..my Hale in black is arriving today! The lady was nice enough to give me the one for $125(since all the styles I asked for as the 2nd were not available)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meh, it seems rather.....blue light special-ish to me.

Like the sort of shoe that I would wear out on the town at 5pm in a Florida retirement community

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, it seems rather.....blue light special-ish to me.

Like the sort of shoe that I would wear out on the town at 5pm in a Florida retirement community

to each their own, in person it is a great looking shoe. You probably think black socks and sandles are bad too...stick in the mud! ;)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda sneaky they put a Franciscan on the banner. Unless its actually included.

jogurt

Reaction score
Quote:
Totally agree. My foot is fairly wide at the front. For me the 9D fits perfectly in length in the wider lasts, except that my small toe is cramped in a bit. I did try going up to a 9E but that felt too loose in the heel. I did not try going to a 8.5E, but I have tried that on other shoes and have not liked how it felt overall. I had my calf shoes stretched a bit and it worked wonders. It does not take a lot.

Last edited:

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just emailed them for availability of brown Dundee in my size. Let's see what they come back with...

jogurt

Reaction score
+1

First thing my wife said when I got my meermins was how much sleeker they looked. Still love my AE's for what they are, and their excellent price makes them the most represented maker in my stable, but I think most of their lasts lack a certain elegance.
Could not agree more. AEs for kick around shoes, but there is something about the longer, sleeker style that looks more refined. I think.

jogurt

Reaction score
Here are my first of two pairs ordered from the sale (second pair should be here tomorrow). Tan Banchory's - the error is in the stitching near the heel and a black mark on the heel which came out in about five seconds after using sandpaper:

Very nice! I should have jumped on some of these, but didn't have the time to think it through.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
What is the difference between using the AE conditioner cleaner and something like Obenauf's leather oil on your AE calf shoes? Are they interchangable?
facepalm.gif

Are pine-sol and Old English interchangeable???

NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!!
rotflmao.gif

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of their used AE suede shoes?

I'm trying to get a feel for how the creases make the suede look after a bunch of wear.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads