• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Townley um....Sunday?

Here's the sad reality. In the course of breaking in these beauties on my apartment carpet, I've decided that the fit is not great on me, so I'm going to let them go. The toe box is just too tight to comfortably walk in. I suppose in this shoe, I could have gone up a half size.

Odd, because my Long Branches fit me ok, if a little snug. Are the Leeds a little looser than Townley? It seems a bigger shoe overall...

I'll be listing them on the bay, if anyone wears 10.5 3e...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, gotcha. Wish they were my size...I need to start checking out Century 21!

Yeah you do! This was at the one in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Hurts my heart to give them up, as I paid only $57, but if it doesn't fit, I must acquit.

Hopefully can get a little more than that in the eBay sale.

AIK1891

Reaction score

Townley um....Sunday?

Here's the sad reality. In the course of breaking in these beauties on my apartment carpet, I've decided that the fit is not great on me, so I'm going to let them go. The toe box is just too tight to comfortably walk in. I suppose in this shoe, I could have gone up a half size.

Odd, because my Long Branches fit me ok, if a little snug. Are the Leeds a little looser than Townley? It seems a bigger shoe overall...

well, seems simple enough that instead of you picking up the other pair for me, I can just take this pair to try. what last are they again(?) that I can double check against anything I might already have in the same last/sizes?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well, seems simple enough that instead of you picking up the other pair for me, I can just take this pair to try. what last are they again(?) that I can double check against anything I might already have in the same last/sizes?

It's the 1 last, same as dalton, long branch, leeds. But definitely fits snugger in the toes than my long branch.

I wear a 10.5 3e in every AE shoe, but these are definitely too short.

No one has bid on the auction yet, so until that happens I can end it without penalty and make the sale.

Otherwise, you can bid on the bay :)

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy smokes!  Was that advertised online?  Yes, you should be able to turn a profit.

No, it had just been sitting on the rack long enough to get discounted 75%

WICaniac

Reaction score
Looking to buy some AE Leeds in black calf to replace my Bates for service dress uniform wear. What size should I get? I wear 42 CP achille lows, 10 Nike free 5.0s, 280 original GATS, 43 MMM sidezips, and 43 Fiorentini+Baker 745s. I'm a 10 on braddock device, just unsure on width. Also, will these be on sale soon?

Really hard to say based on your sizes in other shoes. If you can't get fitted at an AE store, printing the fit guide from AE's website is probably the best way to go. Most people here have good things to say about it, but it doesn't allow for the different fits of various lasts, etc. Using the fit guide, I should be an 11.5E, but I wear an 11E for most dress shoes. Leeds seconds may be on sale now; call the Shoe Bank and ask about availability in your size (once you determine it). Most people here (myself included) have had good luck with seconds; the flaws are usually imperceptible and in your case may well be fixed with a good spit shine.

For the military, AE is always available at a discount through the AAFES special order program: https://shop.aafes.com/shop/SPO/Default.aspx#&&s=1 (this link may not work if you're not already logged into AAFES). Park Avenues, Strands, and other standards are always available as a regular purchase for about $100 off, but Leeds need to be special ordered despite the fact that it's the only shoe that can be worn in uniform.

Townley um....Sunday?

I know you said they're too short, but are you certain that a stretching wouldn't help?

Claus

Reaction score

If you can't get fitted at an AE store, printing the fit guide from AE's website is probably the best way to go.  Most people here have good things to say about it, but it doesn't allow for the different fits of various lasts, etc.  Using the fit guide, I should be an 11.5E, but I wear an 11E for most dress shoes.

This is quite normal. Last time I checked, AE's sizing guide uses 2 US units for allowance, while people, on average, tend to use 1.5 units, only. The same holds for Brannock, if your Brannock size is based on foot length (ie. not on arch length).

However, this presupposes that one's foot volume is close to the average which is sometimes not the case.

stro

Reaction score
Don't sleep on the Rush Street. I've seen it in person and the golden brown Chromexcel is terrific. I'm glad to see AE is moving back in the direction of CXL. If they can start using some cool colors (Color 8, navy, green, etc.), against my will I might have to go on another buying spree.
I'd agree with this... as I stated before I really love the shoe from a looks/comfort standpoint. They are pretty sexy. I would just like to see a pair of better quality out of the box.
out of curiosity, when you said they run a size long, did you mean long even for the 5 last or long compared to the brannock?

(i agree wholeheartedly with the CXL love, but since i'm dating a girl who likes the strand design almost as much as she likes accidentally spilling her drink on my kicks.... the elgin at $100 less is looking like a solid placeholder
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited:

BlindMelons

Reaction score

out of curiosity, when you said they run a size long, did you mean long even for the 5 last or long compared to the brannock? 

(i agree wholeheartedly with the CXL love, but since i'm dating a girl who likes the strand design almost as much as she likes accidentally spilling her drink on my kicks.... the elgin at $100 less is looking like a solid placeholder :D  )

Ran a half size long as compared to my park aves/fifth aves.

Subutai

Reaction score
Yeah you do! This was at the one in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Hurts my heart to give them up, as I paid only $57, but if it doesn't fit, I must acquit.

Hopefully can get a little more than that in the eBay sale.

That's . . . AMAZING!! Wow, ok, I'm heading out to Brooklyn next weekend
fing02[1].gif

ayoungs

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you guys have seen pricing differences between the outlets (or maybe sales agents)? I experienced that today between outlets, it was about a $40 difference (on a $149 closeout, same shoe).
Just curious as I may lean to using one outlet vs. the other. However, I must admit that the two (Shoebank and Jeffersonville) that I've been using have booth treated me well none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads