• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm33

Reaction score

The Haight chelsea boot looks a little rough, but i still like it.

I agree; they chose a poor example shoe and/or took some very poor photos. However, I expect that I'd like the actual product.

Thanks for the heads up, Chris!

I'm drawn to the Long Branch in dark brown grain leather, but I don't know if I would have enough opportunities to wear them. I'm holding out for burgundy cordovan Daltons.

Last edited:

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
you may have to suck it up for a while until your feet get used to not walking on significant cushioning. They are harder and your feet may take a while to get used to it, but it is actually better for your foot this way if you can deal with the temporary soreness.
I doubt it is actually better for one's foot to get used to the soreness...

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score

My Elgins, just got done saddle soaping them then adding some edge protector I just got from AE. Been through a lot with these, including a very rainy night in the French Quarter of New Orleans that I believe caused some warping issues.
these do look quite nice.
don't you think, though, that straight lacing would work better for these (and most balmorals)? the fat laces are almost obscenely crowding the narrow **** between the quarters!

PopFarmer

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Labor Day sale starts, and what shoes may be available? And also what the discount would be, for either 1st or 2nds? ie. 25% off, buy 2 for $300, etc...

Thanks....

evolved

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Labor Day sale starts, and what shoes may be available? And also what the discount would be, for either 1st or 2nds? ie. 25% off, buy 2 for $300, etc...

Thanks....

Interested in this, as well.....maybe the Dalton boot will be on sale
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

jimney

Reaction score
these do look quite nice.
don't you think, though, that straight lacing would work better for these (and most balmorals)? the fat laces are almost obscenely crowding the narrow **** between the quarters!

Yes, it likely would. However, I got them before I would have known about that, and now the laces have left indentations on the tongue that would show if I relaced them. Not sure how to deal with that problem.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it likely would. However, I got them before I would have known about that, and now the laces have left indentations on the tongue that would show if I relaced them. Not sure how to deal with that problem.
Based on how that shoe fits your foot, I do not think anyone will see the tongue. That said, I'm not a fan of Europoean straight lacing on a casual shoe. I'm beginning to appreciate its benefits on my dress shoes, but it would seem off to me in a casual shoe like the Elgin.

BrizzleCizzle

Reaction score

Thanks....
Started yesterday, the 20th, but only on call in's to their main stores (hit up putthison.com). Unless they open that up to the website at some point?

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To each his own. The European lace has worked well for me on a variety of shoes.

chrisjr

Reaction score
Black Park Avenues: $199 (down from $259)
Black or brown Neumoras: $179 (down from $259)
Black, burgundy, or tan Kenwoods: $129 (down from $179)

^^ good deal?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great AE video, I hope it hasn't been posted already. Industry and technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads