• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeman

Reaction score
You should be able to get the same size as long as its the same last. Im no expert, but I dont think, regardless of of the leather, that it will stretch enough to make a difference.

millerbk

Reaction score
I wonder what polish to use, then. I hear the old Bourbon is different (though I bought some on clearance). They still don't have a new Bourbon polish. Would using Walnut be the closest thing? The worry is it would lighten it to just plain Walnut over time.
I was told by AE that the bourbon polish along with bourbon color belt would be released around 15 Nov. Hope this helps.

kentyman

Reaction score
I was told by AE that the bourbon polish along with bourbon color belt would be released around 15 Nov. Hope this helps.

Excellent, thanks for the tip. I really want a Manistee in Bourbon to match my Strands.

adamk77

Reaction score
I came home from work and was welcomed by the Dalton that was just delivered today. I purchased it for $250 (including tax) from the AE outlet. It looks and feels great! I snapped a photo of it.

Question though -- does it look bit darker (it's darker in person than in the photo)? For some reason, I remember it being lighter when I tried on a pair at a local Nodstrom. Maybe it was the lighting in Nordstrom? I'm not complaining though :)

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I came home from work and was welcomed by the Dalton that was just delivered today. I purchased it for $250 (including tax) from the AE outlet. It looks and feels great! I snapped a photo of it.
Question though -- does it look bit darker (it's darker in person than in the photo)? For some reason, I remember it being lighter when I tried on a pair at a local Nodstrom. Maybe it was the lighting in Nordstrom? I'm not complaining though
smile.gif

There is variation in the color intensity from pair to pair since they are hand finished, so the pair you tried on at Nordstrom may have been lighter. Just one of the nuances of hand crafted products. I think they look amazing though!

zazadojo

Reaction score
Still new on here....posted a couple and mostly lurking and trying to learn some. Had to post my latelst AE purchases. Was excited to find a very slightly used pair of Hancocks and picked up a pair of Aberdeens on a sale through Brooks Brothers(for under 200.00 after all discounts).

arkane

Reaction score
Question though -- does it look bit darker (it's darker in person than in the photo)? For some reason, I remember it being lighter when I tried on a pair at a local Nodstrom. Maybe it was the lighting in Nordstrom? I'm not complaining though
smile.gif
Nice photo and congrats on the Daltons!
I have McAllisters and Strands both in Walnut and they are different shades; McAllisters definitely being the darker of the two.

Last edited:

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - The Facebook Friday deal is a free $20 gift card with the purchase of a $100 gift card.

kentyman

Reaction score
PSA - The Facebook Friday deal is a free $20 gift card with the purchase of a $100 gift card.

Any idea if a purchase can use both gift cards? I'm positive I'll spend $120 with AE sometime in the future, but if you can't combine them it takes a little longer to recoup the savings.

Firefox

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, at least Reagan, both Bush's, and Clinton. Probably more further back, but I don't know for sure.
Chris
According to the AE website:

For that same reason we celebrated the 30th Anniversary of the sleek design of our Park Avenue in 2010, continually one of Allen Edmonds' best sellers and the Inauguration Day footwear choice for Presidents Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton and G.W. Bush.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF270_1_40000000001_-1

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mingus2112

Reaction score
I've been pretty fortunate purchasing several pair of lightly used pairs of AEs. Cliftons, Park Aves and Stockbridges all perfectly serviceable with a lot of life left in them. Just got a pair of Walnut Strands, however, that the original owner must have been allergic to shoe trees. :( Any way to fix a terrible up curl of the sole other than a resole? I've contacted the seller hoping to receive a partial refund (had shoe trees in them in the auction which hid the damage) but haven't heard back yet. (not that I expect to as I just sent him a message a few minutes ago) The price I paid plus standard recrafting ($125) would put them around the price of seconds - and for that price i'd rather HAVE the seconds. I also don't want to get them resoled elsewhere and ruin the ability to recraft later. If I can get a 50% refund and signifigantly reduce the toe curl, they'd be OK to keep around.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I thought I hit the jackpot as I usually don't see a lot of shoes in my narrow size!

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads