• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joman8390

Reaction score
I found these at BCF, they look like Shaker Heights to me, but I couldn't find any black shaker heights online without a Harris tweed insert or without a combination tap sole. Also there is no Allen Edmonds logo or shoe name inside the shoe, only the sole has the Allen Edmonds logo.

Are these indeed shaker heights? Thoughts?

Thanks!

redmusic1

Reaction score
I haven't tried the J.A. Bank ones, but I have a feeling they're all made by the same company, maybe to different specs.

I am inclined to agree. However, Allen Edmonds used to haver their own separate cedar wood supply and factory as a vested interest in providing shoe care products, though I'm not sure if this is still the case.

From their cedar rack:

• Proudly made in the USA at our Port Washington, Wisconsin facility

And further "We started making cedar products 20 years ago, for the fact that when you make shoes that are timeless classics you should also make the highest quality shoe trees so that customers can protect and preserve their footwear."

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E created and still owns Woodlore. They used to only make cedar stuff for themselves, but eventually broadened their market and now make shoe trees for many other companies, including Joseph A. Bank, and they sell their cedar products directly as well.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New shoe - the Leiden - also comes in weave! On the same last as the Cornwallis.
Oh joy. ANOTHER longwing. So far, AE has 4 different longwing bluchers, a hundred bazillion shortwing bals, and only a cheapo orthotic shortwing blucher.

redmusic1

Reaction score
AE created and still owns Woodlore. They used to only make cedar stuff for themselves, but eventually broadened their market and now make shoe trees for many other companies, including Joseph A. Bank, and they sell their cedar products directly as well.

Well that helps make sense of it then. Wish they made a regular topper that would fit my JAB shoe racks I got for $10 a piece last year.

redmusic1

Reaction score
Oh joy. ANOTHER longwing. So far, AE has 4 different longwing bluchers, a hundred bazillion shortwing bals, and only a cheapo orthotic shortwing blucher.

New line up of long wings is McNeil, McGregor and this one. (the Larchmont and Boca Raton are discontinued)

New short wing blucher is Madison Park (AKA Player 2.0). Why it has yet to be introduced on the web may have something to do with their association with Nordstrom. The price is currently a jaw dropping 245 though.

redmusic1

Reaction score

However, I understand the frustration. Unlike most people here, I'm sure, the 65 fits me best and I would really like to see a short wing blucher in it to replace my Florsheims.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New line up of long wings is McNeil, McGregor and this one. (the Larchmont and Boca Raton are discontinued)

New short wing blucher is Madison Park (AKA Player 2.0). Why it has yet to be introduced on the web may have something to do with their association with Nordstrom. The price is currently a jaw dropping 245 though.

I was told that the McGregor is being phased out entirely. All the non-Dainite models are on clearance right now. I'd expect the Dainite ones to be put on clearance soon, too.

redmusic1

Reaction score
I was told that the McGregor is being phased out entirely. All the non-Dainite models are on clearance right now. I'd expect the Dainite ones to be put on clearance soon, too.

Perhaps, but even if they are being phased out altogether, I expect them not to do so until this summer, after the foul weather has passed.

I really wish they would expand the dress loafer line, and not merely with the Grayson on a new last like this one.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Paul is a numbers guy for sure, so they've probably got solid concrete figures that factor into these decisions. I guess it's not as important for them to make sure they have every style of shoe represented in the lineup.

Scarlet

Reaction score
Finally wore my Freiburgs outside for the first time yesterday.

Wish I had my First Aves today though, since it dumped 3 inches of snow overnight. Hopefully I'll have them by the end of next week.

Last edited:

Moose22

Reaction score
What last is that Madison Park on?

I did a web search and the Nordies web page doesn't list the last. Looks 65 last to me, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy