• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin782

Reaction score

Neumok Monday

God...ive never seen green shoes look so good.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxblood First Avenues already got several compliments. Very happy with them. Exceptionally comfortable and breaking in nicely.

Would love Bleecker Streets in Oxblood as well, although I already have them in Dark Chili. I agree that the Bleecker is an exceptional boot. Very very sleek.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxblood First Avenues already got several compliments. Very happy with them. Exceptionally comfortable and breaking in nicely.

Would love Bleecker Streets in Oxblood as well, although I already have them in Dark Chili. I agree that the Bleecker is an exceptional boot. Very very sleek.

I just posted in the MTO thread about doing an oxeblood bleeker....as I mentioned in that thread - i am ok with the Chili makeup so even if no GMTO happens a $80 leather change is not so bad....of course I would like a double sole mini tap lug with split welt... but I am up for anything on that one

harlequin782

Reaction score
Couple questions: 1) is the Bleek considered a chukka or a full boot? 2) University in Bobs Chili vs. Bleek in Bobs Chili. if you had to choose only one for your next purchase, which one would it be?

Note: i already have a walnut 5th ave, "bourbon" moras, brown dundees, black lexingtons, blue neumoks and merlot mccallisters. I never really wear suits, whatever thats worth. And ive kinda been jonesing for a sleeker shoe

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple questions: 1) is the Bleek considered a chukka or a full boot? 2) University in Bobs Chili vs. Bleek in Bobs Chili. if you had to choose only one for your next purchase, which one would it be?

Note: i already have a walnut 5th ave, "bourbon" moras, brown dundees, black lexingtons, and merlot mccallisters. I never really wear suits, whatever thats worth. And ive kinda been jonesing for a sleeker shoe

Why not the McGregor since you do not have a long wing

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LanceM wears navy trousers! And often! And with Walnut! Get him!

(Just kidding Lance. That is a beautiful collection photo and I love navy pants.)

harlequin782

Reaction score

God damnit Kahuna! ...i was hoping no one would say that, as i wanted a sleek non- 5 last shoe, and i called myself saving my longwing purchase for the king of longwings, a shell mcneil, once my merlot mcallisters give out on me...i admit that i am very attracted to the McGregor, but people here make it sound like a longwing blucher without a split reverse welt + double sole is sacrilege.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God damnit Kahuna! ...i was hoping no one would say that, as i wanted a sleek non- 5 last shoe, and i called myself saving my longwing purchase for the king of longwings, a shell mcneil, once my merlot mcallisters give out on me...i admit that i am very attracted to the McGregor, but people here make it sound like a longwing blucher without a split reverse welt + double sole is sacrilege.

Then call me sacrilegious! I'm a big fan of LWB on double sole split reverse welt but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the MacGregors. In fact I'm wearing mine today.
15016d7d59505fdbe62415385da3d5b8.jpg

Last night, admiring it on a table
5acd02e25c94e4096b06998543b00dd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:Thank you! Most here have even more impressive collections ;-)
Quote:im for that but I've got navy and brogue already so I'm just in for colors I don't have :)

great photo collage ....outstanding!
Partial collage of my current rotation of AEs
a43391309d9903ca5a6936859840e84e.jpg
Excellent collage
Quote:
Killer Park Avenues!!! :)

Quote:
Yeah, you have a problem as well. But, still looking good. :)

-Mike
Thank you guys! Mike, they say the first step in solving a problem is admitting to having a problem :) I'm on my way to recovery! Sorry for the nested replies. Tapatalk ain't removing them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
God...ive never seen green shoes look so good.
Thanks @harlequin782... Please forgive the socks - I was going to go with my Brown Distressed Pine Rivers and changed my mind at the last minute.
shog[1].gif

I did have on an olive button down and brown tee, FWIW.

Yeah, you have a problem as well. But, still looking good. :)

-Mike
I know there are some nasty blue suede Greysons absent from that family pic too, right, WI? Dale is the man.
worship.gif

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks @harlequin782... Please forgive the socks - I was going to go with my Brown Distressed Pine Rivers and changed my mind at the last minute. 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

I did have on an olive button down and brown tee, FWIW.

I know there are some nasty blue suede Greysons absent from that family pic too, right, WI? Dale is the man.:worship:  
Haha good eye. I haven't taken a shoe-fie (is that even a word?) of the navy suede Grayson yet. I need 8 more pairs of shoes to get to a 6x6 grid collage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads