• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Haha good eye. I haven't taken a shoe-fie (is that even a word?) of the navy suede Grayson yet. I need 8 more pairs of shoes to get to a 6x6 grid collage.
That's hilarious!!! I was thinking of the symmetry of your pic and wondered if it was intentional!!! OCD even in your shoe-fies!!! (it's officially a word). That's why your suggested MTO's catch fire!!!

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?

I need a proxy for some Aldens and AE's haha

INMustang

Reaction score
I got these Cronmok boots as a gift in Navy Color and I am not a big fan of that color, so decided to change the color by applying one coat of mink oil on the tongue and I really liked the outcome and this is the end result. I thought it might help/deter someone before doing this same process.
Before:

After

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?
Sounds like I'll have a blast there. Anybody will to be my proxy? I'm
Looking for shell Bradley's and that if that's in 8.5D I'd gladly pounce on that at 400.

harlequin782

Reaction score

Then call me sacrilegious! I'm a big fan of LWB on double sole split reverse welt but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the MacGregors. In fact I'm wearing mine today.
15016d7d59505fdbe62415385da3d5b8.jpg

Last night, admiring it on a table
5acd02e25c94e4096b06998543b00dd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how gorgeous they are..

LanceM

Reaction score
I got these Cronmok boots as a gift in Navy Color and I am not a big fan of that color, so decided to change the color by applying one coat of mink oil on the tongue and I really liked the outcome and this is the end result. I thought it might help/deter someone before doing this same process.
Before:

After

Looks good. I like the darker color!

Reaction score
Those Cronmok's look great with the darker blue, really nice.

Question regarding Last's -

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?
Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)

LanceM

Reaction score
Those Cronmok's look great with the darker blue, really nice.

Question regarding Last's -

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?
Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)

McTavish is an odd ball. I size in a 8.5D in the 5 last. I tried to size down and it just didn't fit right. Next, I tried the Neumoks. They fit like my other 5 last shoes, maybe a little more comfy, so I bought a pair.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what arrived just now. These are awesome. I sized 0.5 up from my normal 1 last size because of my experience with Indy and these fit perfect.
44e430c921b8a8079ce6eebd8fefd1a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads