• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are freakin' beautiful. Look great with the chinos, but I'm pretty sure they'd look great with just about anything - including parachute pants.

eibes

Reaction score
My first pair of AEs is set to arrive today (Portland boots in bourbon), what do most people do for treatment before wearing? I have a collection of Saphir creams and polishes in various shades of brown, and picked up AEs bourbon polish as well because I wasnt sure my Saphir medium brown would match quite right. Should I hit the boots with some Reno and polish them up or just spray with some Super Invulner?

Trader George

Reaction score
What are everybody's thoughts on the current WebGem (Jingle Bell Mok Wingtip)?

I'm honestly thinking about pulling the trigger on them; it would be a nice holiday shoe to say the least. My SA will honour me 15% off, so I'd get them at $179.99. Thoughts?

Also, to respond to Richie a few pages back, whenever I buy something with cash (which is a lot), I put the loose coins on my desk. When my desk gets overrun with coins, I put them in a bag, and I repeat the process. I finally decided it was time to get rid of these bags.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Walnut Lombards (similar to Players) today.......

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of AEs is set to arrive today (Portland boots in bourbon), what do most people do for treatment before wearing? I have a collection of Saphir creams and polishes in various shades of brown, and picked up AEs bourbon polish as well because I wasnt sure my Saphir medium brown would match quite right. Should I hit the boots with some Reno and polish them up or just spray with some Super Invulner?

Would probably hit them with some leather lotion wait a day then hit with a light neutral polish...remember Bourbon is a burnished finish NOT a dyed finish...you can screw it up good messing with colored waxes, polishes etc....I would not use Reno on them at all.

eibes

Reaction score

Would probably hit them with some leather lotion wait a day then hit with a light neutral polish...remember Bourbon is a burnished finish NOT a dyed finish...you can screw it up good messing with colored waxes, polishes etc....I would not use Reno on them at all.

To expand on my last post I was referring to Saphirs Renovateur, not the Reno'Mat which is a much more harsh cleaning product. Or would the Renovateur possibly mess up the burnished finishing also?
As to a leather lotion, recommendations?
Thanks for the help!

rostov

Reaction score
Broke out the Gobi's snuff today and totally in love...The last is the 809 which seem fit wise close to the 73 last(Shaker Heights) in that I can take a 13D in this as opposed to my regular 13E....My right foot is the smaller and their is a tiny bit of heel slip but I am wearing dress socks today for the break in ...most likely these will be worn with medium weight socks going forward. My right foot fits like the Shaker in that it seems like this shoe was made specific for my foot. Not sure why these were seconds but happy they were.

Not mentioned in the description of the shoe is the padded footbed which is spectacular. Being on sale for $221 and with 4 different welt sole combos this may be a no brainer to pay the $80 for a leather change. Easily could see these looking stellar in brown or natural CXL, Oxblood, Olive Suede, or even a walnut pebble grain would look pretty funky.

Olive has been listed by AE as an available color to myself and apparently several others. I'm not sure if they've been spotted in the wild or not. Either way, anyone looking for Olive could at least try asking if it's available without a SMU/MTO fee.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Olive has been listed by AE as an available color to myself and apparently several others. I'm not sure if they've been spotted in the wild or not. Either way, anyone looking for Olive could at least try asking if it's available without a SMU/MTO fee.

Really? Where are you seeing this???????

rostov

Reaction score
Really? Where are you seeing this???????

I was told by an SA that it would be available in Olive. I'm pretty sure some pages back that someone else was told the same thing, or had seen one IRL, but I'm too lazy to search for it. I'm sure it can resolved by a 5 minute phone call to WI.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Im hoping to be a the Phila. cordovan event by 6pm. If anyone is going and you see a short guy wearing this combo come over and introduce yourself!

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Those actually make me want to not go! And call and track down some waiting lists.However, the delivery times are a bit better. So maybe I will go :)

RitchieBro

Reaction score
Since I wasn't able to unload these before the Trunk Show I figured I may as well wear them around the office today. I figure the wingtip design, flat laces and light color of Truffle allow these to be chino ok. They are also my most hydrated and easy to maintain cordovan from AE. Maybe something to do with the fact they didn't have polish in this color to cake all over them before shipping them out...

Jeffersons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads