1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@Dan08

I would be more than fine keeping those

1 person likes this.
  2. delmar

delmar Senior member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  3. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

Those look fine to me.

1 person likes this.
  4. gjdgjdgjd

gjdgjdgjd Active Member

I wish AE would come out with a wingtip without medallion. Full wing with brouge details but nothing else. Seems that there was once a shoe called the Richmond. Anyone have this shoe?

5. Paniolo

Paniolo Member

Thanks again to everyone who commented about my Mora 2.0 vs Franciscan monkstrap question. I will go with a walnut Franciscan for now, because its style is more versatile and I don't have any walnut shoes yet. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. jet-stream

jet-stream Senior member

+1. The heel blemish looks like it should polish out easily, and the sole stitching doesn't look like a structural problem and will essentially be invisible once the soles get some wear.

I'm pretty picky with firsts, but would not return even through AE, which is pretty painless.

1 person likes this.
  7. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

8. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

I like the one in Whiskey.

And they won't look silly unless you put kitty ears on them or something. If it's cold enough out to justify something like this, people understand.

9. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

By the way, whoever recommended the Bick 4 to me all those months back, thanks.

I treated Tony and Blotchy a couple times and let them sit on the shoe trees overnight, put them on yesterday evening before going out, and not a squeak was to be heard. Color hasn't changed at all. I even got complimented on the shoes by a drunk girl, so at least I know Bourbon and dark-grey denim are an attractive combination to the inebriated.

1 person likes this.
  10. bathiel

bathiel Senior member

I second this. When I tried on the Franciscans as my first foray into monks, I also tried the Warwick and the Norwich, and both of those just didn't look or fit right. Too much in the toe box for me.

Bernie

11. bathiel

bathiel Senior member

12. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

I bought the light one last year - do not remember the sale but was initially motivated by the discount.

It is fantastic; warm and comfortable...invitingly soft. Led to several shearling purchases, including AE First Aves.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  13. tharkun

tharkun Senior member

I'm not a fan of bomber hats. But I do have a shearling russian style army hat (Ushanka).

I live in Montreal and hands down that shearling hat is the only hat I've owned so far that has stood up to the cold here, both regular cold weather and wind chill. Not sure how prices are for this kind of thing in the US and if you maybe just want to support AE anyway. I got my hat for $99CAD (Made in Canada with imported fur).

14. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

For those of you waiting for the AE Factory Store in Paramus to open, I was told the current opening date is at the end of February. I think the 22nd. Was told the date keeps getting pushed back do to issues getting permits which delays construction. Very annoying. Been waiting for months for this to open.

15. mosy

mosy Senior member

Does factory store mean they will be selling seconds only? or just closeout styles? What's the scoop?

16. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

I'm hoping both. I assumed it would be a regular seconds store. However, I was told that it will not be full service and only have racks. I know the one in riverhead, ny is full service. Not sure about the others.

17. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Well, at least they are still planning on opening, which is good. I was starting to worry.

Would anyone be interested in a SF Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread meet-up when it opens? Be cool to knock down the doors on opening day or the first Saturday after they open. Note to all, Paramus has Blue Laws so no stores on Sundays.

1 person likes this.
  18. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

I'm up for it.

1 person likes this.
  19. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

OK! Thats 2 coffee cups.

20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I LOLed...

The one in Riverhead may be full service, but it's still TINY. Almost as small as the one on 44th street in NYC.

im pretty sure my wife would divorce me if I participated in something like this, but please do take plenty of pics with coffee cups so I can live vicariously!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.