• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEBoston

Reaction score

I received this pic from my SA.

This is the same picture that I have available as well. As more become available I will be sure to post.

LanceM

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a delimma. I'm new to allen Edmonds and bought four pairs over the RDA sale. I was sized to a 9D in the 65 and 3 lasts.

However after wearing them, I feel like I have some heel slip. To counter act the heel slip I have been lacing them very tight, but it had been causing some pain on the top of my foot.

Should I go back to the store and get resized? They have been very nice, but I have worn the shoes maybe 3 or 4 times.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, I have a delimma. I'm new to allen Edmonds and bought four pairs over the RDA sale. I was sized to a 9D in the 65 and 3 lasts.

However after wearing them, I feel like I have some heel slip. To counter act the heel slip I have been lacing them very tight, but it had been causing some pain on the top of my foot.

Should I go back to the store and get resized? They have been very nice, but I have worn the shoes maybe 3 or 4 times.

When you say sized...do you mean you actually tried the shoes on in the store or they measured you and said you would be xyz size in the 65....what other shoes did you get and what size are they?

Tongue pad may help with the heel deal

LanceM

Reaction score

When you say sized...do you mean you actually tried the shoes on in the store or they measured you and said you would be xyz size in the 65....what other shoes did you get and what size are they?

Tongue pad may help with the heel deal

I went to the store and they measured my foot. They said I would be a 9D. I tried a 9.5d and a 9d and the 9d felt better. I tried on Jeffersons, strands and Franciscans.

They felt real good when i tried them on and since they were my first nice shoe, I was in love with them.

I bought a pair of Jeffersons, two pairs of strands and Franciscans.

After wearing a few times I am noticing some heel slip. Maybe I should check out some pads.

I wonder if I should be a 8.5d.

I called the store and they said I may have a narrow heel. They also said to wear the shoe that has the most heel slip and they will evaluate it. If it is too big, they will make it right.

Man the customer service at allen Edmonds is great. I'll visit them sometime this week and let them evaluate my issue.

Last edited:

lemmy127

Reaction score
Maybe this was answered by Ryan before and I missed it. When would we be getting charged for these trunk show shoes?

When the pre-order is confirmed, the day of the trunk show at that particular store, upon delivery, or something else?

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
So just curious which shoes are slipping? I assume the Franciscans are not... So if all three 65 lasted shoes are getting heel slippage then yeah they sized you wrong...did you wear dress socks when trying them on or did you have thicker socks on?

most people size down for the 65 last by 1/2 size and some also size down and go up in width. How is the v-gap of the laces under normal lacing (not pulling extra tight).

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The footbed might sink in with more wears which can lead to less heel slip.

LanceM

Reaction score

So just curious which shoes are slipping? I assume the Franciscans are not... So if all three 65 lasted shoes are getting heel slippage then yeah they sized you wrong...did you wear dress socks when trying them on or did you have thicker socks on?

most people size down for the 65 last  by 1/2 size and some also size down and go up in width. How is the v-gap of the laces under normal lacing (not pulling extra tight).

The 65 has less slip since I have been lacing them tight When I lace them tight, there isn't space in the Gap. The gap looks reasonable when I don't have them laced tight. The franciscans have more slip since I can't tighten them up as much as the lace ups.

I did have thicker socks on that day. That probably is the culprit

The footbed might sink in with more wears which can lead to less heel slip.

The lady I talked to at the store said that could help too, as well as massaging and bending the heel.

She said to wear the pair with the most slippage and they will evaluate when I pick up another order I made.

Last edited:

gatszu

Reaction score
What is your brannock size? Do you have any bowing at ankle?

I'm 6.5E/7E on the brannock. I was fitted for 6.5E initially on the 5 last in calfs. Then I ordered some 6.5E cordovan strand and PA and I had some bowing at the ankles. The SA thought I might be 6.5D, and those were too tight at the ball of my foot. So I settled on 6.5E. After a day in my Strand Cordovan 6.5E, my feet would be sored for a few days at the ball & toes. I recently ordered a pair of PA Shell in 6.5EE and that feels much better, although I still feel some pressure at the ball of my foot. So, I have a pair of PA shell in 6.5EEE on order.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I've met @AEBoston at the state street store and he was incredibly helpful. He was the SA that knew about the EC boots MTO and was trying to help me out with sizing as much as he possibly could have.

RitchieBro

Reaction score
Decisions.........bourbon or walnut Dalton??
I have Strands in walnut and Addison in tan already so that color may be already covered for me....I just really like the walnut!!! But maybe some bourbon for variety??

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have Strands in walnut and Addison in tan already so that color may be already covered for me....I just really like the walnut!!! But maybe some bourbon for variety??

Bourbon. After seeing it in person me likely.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Bourbon Dalton is an all time classic from AE along with the Walnut Strand....however I say go OXBLOOD Dalton...so you can post pics for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads