• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader George

Reaction score
To all those who are interested:

I was at Jos A Bank today (don't hate) to pick up a pair of shoe trees. The manager told me there's a sale on Thursday that includes shoe trees, they will be buy one get two free. Now I'm assuming that sale will be nationwide, so I just thought I'd let you guys know if you wanna grab a few pairs of shoe trees.

submatrix

Reaction score
Been waiting for a good sale price on Fifth Avenues for some time. I noticed shoebank has them for $219 right now. For you guys that track the prices much closer than I do, is it worth taking the plunge now? I bought a pair of Lexington firsts maybe half a year ago for $250 (during a sale), so $219 doesnt seem particularly special for seconds, though I'm aware prices have risen since then.

falathar

Reaction score
They were $199 up until sometime last night. A bunch of shoes on the shoebank got their prices increased. Daltons being the most prominent offender.

WICaniac

Reaction score
Re: rising prices on 2nds, my bourbon Moras just arrived. I paid $179; they're currently $249. I can't find a single blemish.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its def. pretty wonky. I just looked and a new Shaker Height was added. The new one. And its priced at $319 for 2nds. While 1sts are $336. Doesn't make much sense.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for a good sale price on Fifth Avenues for some time. I noticed shoebank has them for $219 right now. For you guys that track the prices much closer than I do, is it worth taking the plunge now? I bought a pair of Lexington firsts maybe half a year ago for $250 (during a sale), so $219 doesnt seem particularly special for seconds, though I'm aware prices have risen since then.

I've got a pair of BB Fifth Avenues on the way from Shoebank for $149. Check out the Brooks Brothers version. You may have to call an outlet for available styles, sizes and colors.

submatrix

Reaction score
I've got a pair of BB Fifth Avenues on the way from Shoebank for $149. Check out the Brooks Brothers version. You may have to call an outlet for available styles, sizes and colors.

How do I find Brooks Brothers versions on Shoebank? Or are you saying I have to call random AE outlets around the US?

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I find Brooks Brothers versions on Shoebank? Or are you saying I have to call random AE outlets around the US?

Contact any outlet location and they will email you the entire list of available shoes in your size. No need to contact any more than one store. You can email them, but calling is much quicker. During these big sales, they received lots of emails and it make take days for them to respond.

I recommend Terri and Wendy at the Jeffersonville, Ohio location.

Last edited:

javadave74

Reaction score
McGregor in chili look really good. However the seconds pricing really isn't that great when you compare firsts rda for about $50 more. Honestly there are only a few deals on the shoebank that make it a great deal to firsts.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Looks like the old chili color.
I agree. You may be able to replicate that color by getting the chili and asking for extra burnishing. I added extra burnishing to my pair of bourbon Eagle County boots and it really added depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads