• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RDA sale generally discounts every shoe by %14.92 (Columbus sailed the ocean blue), with a few cut even deeper.

I hope there are some bigger cuts than sub 15%. I can't remember what it was like last year, but the calf models were less as well. I recall the spring anniversary sale maybe being a bit more. Not sure though.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope there are some bigger cuts than sub 15%. I can't remember what it was like last year, but the calf models were less as well. I recall the spring anniversary sale maybe being a bit more. Not sure though.

A few shoes like Franciscan and fifth ave dropped down to 240 or 250.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why wait for the RDA sale when we can get great looking boots (dare-say better than anything AE has now in its line up with the exception maybe of the shell dalton and shell dundee) at discounted prices.

Cross posting from the MTO Thread http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/2490

Also, Ive compile the pictures that helped inspire the current GMTO make-ups here

bradybot

Reaction score

Just polished!

JAB Allen Edmonds Boardroom in Merlot. These are like the Park Avenue. But, on the 97 last.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Just polished! JAB Allen Edmonds Boardroom in Merlot. These are like the Park Avenue. But, on the 97 last.
Looking great, love the flat laces. Are they stock version or did you swap them out? I love football sundays, great time to polish my babies

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for those with strands and Dalton's. Curious about dalton sizing. I'm a 9.5 D in my strands(I'm a tts 10) but I'm waiting to see what pricing on the Dalton's will be like during the RDA sale to pick up a pair. General thoughts on sizing these?

Try a e width. I'm 9.5d in macneils but 9.5e in Daltons. Toe box is narrow.

Super comfortable..I'd love a black dalton with natural welt and commando sole...

LeviMay

Reaction score

Just polished! JAB Allen Edmonds Boardroom in Merlot. These are like the Park Avenue. But, on the 97 last.
Those look great. I still don't have a PA, and the 7-Last works great for me. What size are yours? I feel that the toe-cap looks so much different between the different sizes.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Two questions: On a Reddit thread, I saw a reference to a sale starting this coming Thursday, where the posted said there will be 2nds-quality shell shoes for around $325. Is this correct? If so, is the Shoe Bank the place to go for those?

Second, how's the quality on 2nds-quality AE shell? I own a few pairs of Alden shell (1st quality) but have never purchased AE stuff. I'd love any thoughts/experience/advice.

Patek14

Reaction score
Those AB boardrooms looked like exact clones of the park ave. So to confirm - they are NOT 100% exact? The same except on a slightly different last?

I should point out that AE's for JAB are on sale for really good prices right now

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two questions: On a Reddit thread, I saw a reference to a sale starting this coming Thursday, where the posted said there will be 2nds-quality shell shoes for around $325. Is this correct? If so, is the Shoe Bank the place to go for those?

Second, how's the quality on 2nds-quality AE shell? I own a few pairs of Alden shell (1st quality) but have never purchased AE stuff. I'd love any thoughts/experience/advice.

I've heard the same, $325 for shell seconds. I've bought 2 shell seconds, and a third this coming week in that sale, brown Dundees.

I've seen others say the same...the issues are usually very tolerable, and, you can make changes to the shoe like, diy-mto :) and the outcome is still $ smart for shell.

For $325, nothing on shoe bank should last long. In my size, they are pretty limited, fortunately.

eyeheartny

Reaction score

Quote:
I've heard the same, $325 for shell seconds. I've bought 2 shell seconds, and a third this coming week in that sale, brown Dundees.

I've seen others say the same...the issues are usually very tolerable, and, you can make changes to the shoe like, diy-mto :) and the outcome is still $ smart for shell.

For $325, nothing on shoe bank should last long. In my size, they are pretty limited, fortunately.
Were you able to get the sale pricing ahead of time by calling, and then your order will be filled when the sale starts? From your post it sounds like you already have ordered the brown shell Dundees from this sale. I'd love any advice on this, please!

YoungSweet

Reaction score

Were you able to get the sale pricing ahead of time by calling, and then your order will be filled when the sale starts? From your post it sounds like you already have ordered the brown shell Dundees from this sale. I'd love any advice on this, please!

Many of us have developed great relationship with a SA, for some occasion would be able to get things ahead of the sale.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you call a sales rep this week...ie a few days ahead of sale, they may help. I have no dollars out of pocket, just know the sale is coming, and am stalking my dundees, aimed at a personal-mto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads