• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungSweet

Reaction score

For my first nice pair of shoes, I grabbed a pair of #8 shell Leeds from the recent Shoebank sale...then got down to business of refinishing them. Fresh out of the box: Free Strip Show!! After Saphir Reno'Mat (renomat) to remove the finish and AE added polish down to the bare shell: After Saphir Renovateur: After a brief Mac Method polish with a touch of Saphir Walnut wax: After Angelus No. 600 Acrylic This is my first attempt at anything like this, and I'm pretty happy with the result. They colors in the shell are awesome, especially in sunlight! Many thanks for all the great info from this forum. I'm going to do the same process with a brown shell Jefferson that I picked up at the same time (you shell fans are a bad influence...). More pics to come. - Nick
They look awesome Nick, please post pictures after a few wears

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see some long term testing on the DIY acrylic jobs.

Same here, mine are preforming really well. They clean up great after wearing and really give you the feeling like the Mac Method is all that is required. Kind of reduces the maintenance but I wonder how the leather is actually doing underneath.

I am still working at lightening mine and then will be adding some cigar/olive color to them through polishing with a mix of Saphir fawn & black cordovan cream. The problem is I'm not sure that the polish makes it through the acrylic finish to actually color the leather, it just sits above the acrylic I think. I may be stripping my finish until I am satisfied with the color and then reapply. We shall see... these Leeds have become my experiment shoes lol

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my first nice pair of shoes, I grabbed a pair of #8 shell Leeds from the recent Shoebank sale...then got down to business of refinishing them.
Fresh out of the box:

Free Strip Show!! After Saphir Reno'Mat (renomat) to remove the finish and AE added polish down to the bare shell:

After Saphir Renovateur:

After a brief Mac Method polish with a touch of Saphir Walnut wax:

After Angelus No. 600 Acrylic

This is my first attempt at anything like this, and I'm pretty happy with the result. They colors in the shell are awesome, especially in sunlight! Many thanks for all the great info from this forum.

I'm going to do the same process with a brown shell Jefferson that I picked up at the same time (you shell fans are a bad influence...). More pics to come.

- Nick

Sweet Jesus! Amazing!

BL70

Reaction score

First day wearing the new mctavish. Had to go a full size down in these. The rough collection definitely runs big.

Alrightnik

Reaction score
Reading a lot of folks talking about the creasing in the cap toe of the Mora 2.0s.

Anyone experienced this side crease? I'm debating sending back to Allen Edmonds. Part of me just wants to roll with it.

This is only after 4 months of 2 wears per week, shoe trees in-between.

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Another great shoe which is on clearance and being discontinued by AE, hard to believe. I was considering a MTO in burgundy shell but that is no longer an option.

Are they really? Did they announce this? Its literally their cleanest looking shoe, better than the park ave. If they had a plain toe balmoral (would that essentially be a saddle or wholecut) it would be excellent!

LEgoiste

Reaction score
I'm wearing this navy linen suit (with white shirt and brown linen slim tie) to an outdoor wedding tomorrow...

Should I wear my black Park Aves, walnut Strands, or brown suede Strands with it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads