• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think there was anything about a raise, but there was talk of a forum thank you gesture.
ceasing the MTO program is the best gift she could be given
rotflmao.gif

Xchange

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Do anyone have the cronmok and can advise on them?

This is the only boot i like from AE ... i do not find the chukkamok very attractive..

cadmonkey

Reaction score

Phil told me that during the 2 for $250 sale, they easily would have had enough work for one dedicated person to do nothing all day but answer the phones.  He said that the SB was more of a "call center" at that point than anything else!

Heard the same news about the online inventory going live in the near future from an sa at Port Washington. According to her the $250 sale was supposed to be in store only(?).

DJTraveler

Reaction score
I own the brown Cronmok. Big fan. Definitely a very casual boot. They look great with a pair of slim, cuffed jeans. They're unlined, which makes them quite supple.

BCer

Reaction score

Hi Gents,

Do anyone have the cronmok and can advise on them? 

This is the only boot i like from AE ... i do not find the chukkamok very attractive..

Like these? Love them, and as said above, without lining, they fit and feel like slippers.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Has anyone put a Topy on their Neumoks or Cronmoks? I was curious to know what, if any, differences were noticed in traction, sole longevity, comfort, flexibility, etc. I don't like bringing the broken glass and street bits inside after wearing them. I find myself tempted to brush down the BOTTOM of my Neumoks - they're shimmery with danger!

Does the oil infusion actually make the soles softer / more prone to damage from glass / gravel / bottle caps on the ground?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put a Topy on their Neumoks or Cronmoks? I was curious to know what, if any, differences were noticed in traction, sole longevity, comfort, flexibility, etc. I don't like bringing the broken glass and street bits inside after wearing them. I find myself tempted to brush down the BOTTOM of my Neumoks - they're shimmery with danger!

Does the oil infusion actually make the soles softer / more prone to damage from glass / gravel / bottle caps on the ground?
I have not added a sole guard but I have Neumoks with AE V Tread and I love the feel of them. I would have no issue with added a sole guard to any of my shoes though.

BCer

Reaction score

I've topy'd all of the above, with no issues and a whole new world of confidence! I too found leather soles picking up shards of glass I never knew existed on streets and sidewalks prior to my unprotected AE's. And in our climate (Vancouver area) we get rain, rain, and sometimes even more rain. Lol. I found myself getting up in the morning and looking out to the street to see if it was wet, before choosing my wardrobe and shoes. Now with almost everything I own topy'd, bring on the rain!

drcharlie

Reaction score
To anyone with the Brooks Bros AEs or a model with the poron insole. Is poron a spongy type material with some give or fairly dense with not much compression. I'm trying to figure out if I'll be safe buying my usual AE size or if they'll make my feet suffer.
The poron insoles for the Brooks Brothers AE shoes feel spongy with some give. I have the BB Chili Pebbled MacNeil and the normal AE Black smooth MacNeil both in 9.5 D. The Brooks Brothers version feels just a bit snugger than the AE version, but I wouldn't have opted for a different size. Perhaps some others can share their experiences too.

indigoroots

Reaction score
I have a fairly large arch and I don't like the BB versions at all. The extra thickness of the poron jams my foot towards the top of the shoe if that makes sense...

Regular AE version feels much more roomy for me, height wise

cadmonkey

Reaction score

The poron insoles for the Brooks Brothers AE shoes feel spongy with some give. I have the BB Chili Pebbled MacNeil and the normal AE Black smooth MacNeil both in 9.5 D. The Brooks Brothers version feels just a bit snugger than the AE version, but I wouldn't have opted for a different size. Perhaps some others can share their experiences too.

Appreciate the advice drcharlie. I was wondering just now if the difference in fit is similar to wearing thin dress socks in the spring /summer vs the same shoe with thick socks during winter?

@indigo
That's the issue I am hoping to avoid.

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore the Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Black Strands today.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics