1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i have no idea about the fit of any Allen Edmonds lasts. all i know is i am a true 11D on the brannock.

thanks for the insight though.

2. pizzapie

pizzapie Well-Known Member

I hope this question does not come across as too naïve. That said, I was wondering how it is that some AE seconds become, well seconds. I guess for that matter, the question could apply to any brand. I understand if a mistake is made towards the end of processing, or maybe the shoe is nicked after manufacture, or the dying process might have produced an off color shoe due to the uniqueness of leather. But why are there seconds out there with coloring issues? For example, I spoke with someone today who said the shoe had visible streaking in the dye. Why make the shoe?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  3. Denton

Denton Senior member

Thanks for all the help! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I believe the streaking is from the burnishing that occurs after the shoe is made. Not sure, but that is the impression I got.

Chris

5. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Well, that's certainly disappointing. First of all, where is the purple and gold leather???? I was at least hoping for a buff or tan leather option. The white is too stark for my taste. They need a softer neutral color. Maybe next year.

6. BillyMcGee

BillyMcGee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]shell macneils gor my birthday dinner last night

1 person likes this.
  7. thefastlife

hmmm. this is scary. worth $100 to give it a go? boots are brand new otherwise.

also, these are a 10.5 D. if i am a true 11 D, will they fit?

8. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Depends on the last and your foot.

9. rostov

rostov Senior member

I was thinking of doing the white, but it's still a balmoral. EDIT: I wonder if they could do a rough-out?

The Stone McGregor seems to be calling again. There is always the buck Leeds... and this:

[​IMG]

As long as one can channel this:

[​IMG]

and avoid being this guy:

[​IMG]

10. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

11. thefastlife

i don't own any Allen Edmonds. this would be my first pair. i guess i could go in store to try some on.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah, do that and try a few different lasts out. Makes it easy to keep an eye out on ebay as well.

13. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Nice dub monks, rostov - yes, please channel the first guy's look, unless you're trying to get pelted in the back of the head by spitballs from the bad boy flunking the AP Chemistry class you're teaching...

14. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Out in the wild first time...and I already screwed them up..scuffed both toes and dropped salid dressing on one...I fought with myself this morning about nano the whole boot do to raw nature of the olive leather...Didn't and now I am annoyed....scuffs came right out...oil stain ...ugh

[​IMG]

pants are much lighter in photo for some reason[/quoget Couldn't get a single day's wear out of them, eh, Big Kahuna? Sorry for your miscue; I dropped some candle wax on a pair of tan nubuck loafers some time back, fought to remove the stains for a while, then just tossed them because of my shoe OCD. Maybe after the vinegar some sort of conditioner will help darken and blend area surrounding the stain.

15. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

16. RVA19

RVA19 Active Member

I obviously scuffed my Dalton's pretty badly today. Whats the best method for removing the scuffs? Will the normal bourbon shoe cream be enough or will I need wax or another method?

[​IMG]

17. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

That's not too bad of a scuff. Regular carnuba shoe polish should do the trick. If not, the cream definitely will.

18. rostov

rostov Senior member

Who needs dub monks when you have an RV, a green apron, and boxers? If only I could rock a Porkpie hat...

19. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

yes candle wax -a summer storm knocked out the electricity and I had to make do with candles for several hours but my shoes paid for it

20. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Really, it doesn't help that the guy's clothes in the second picture don't fit him so great, either - very nice shoe, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.