1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

2. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Today is old school. These are Sanfords in the late 1990s early 2000s Bourbon.
    [​IMG]

Chris

1 person likes this.
  3. unjung

unjung Senior member

Is $179 a good price for suede Strands? Looks like they're a discontinued style, and I do love the Strand.

4. Trader George

Trader George Senior member

Personally, I love the suede from AE. However, there are people who will disagree with me and say it's not the best quality. That being said, if I was given the opportunity to pay $179 for suede Strands, I'd do it without hesitation.

5. FatTuesday

FatTuesday Senior member

Yes indeed.

6. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Anyone have some real-life pictures of the Bob's Chili McGregor?

7. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

I will in a few days! I ordered them this morning. Will post pics when they arrive.

8. polojock615

polojock615 Senior member

Cross-post from the MTO thread..... We are looking to do a burgundy shell Strand with the below specs. Seven are already in.

Strand
    Burgundy shell cordovan
    Independence lining & insole
    Medium brown transparent edge dressing
    Brown normal welt (or chili - not sure)
    Single JR sole

Any takers?

9. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Senior member

Me... Makeup sounds nice to start, but with the burgundy shell Bradley just ordered, all my cordo selections are burgundy (Dalton, Cambridge). The burgundy strand would be burgundy overkill, i think. Maybe I'll send back the Bradley and wait for this. You can count me in the "willing to bite if the numbers hold" category - I'm assuming 12 is the magic number again? Should be about the same $$$ as the recent shell Townley GMTO, I assume?

10. njruss

njruss Senior member

LOVE my Walnut BB Strands!!

11. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Gentlemen, I need your help. I am usually a 10.5 in most of my AE's which include some of the RL Made in America, Sanderson's and Amok from AE.

I have a friend who is offering me his bourbon dalton's for a great price but the boot is a size 10D. Would I fit the 10D if I am in a 10.5D in the Sanderson? Some space in the toes in the Sanderson. Thanks in advance.

12. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

I wouldn't do it. The 1 last runs shorter and wider than the 2, 4, abd 5 lasts. If anything, I'd size up to an 11 for Dalton.

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Does anyone own the Gobi in snuff yet? If so could you post some "real life" pics? Thoughts on the quality of construction? I'm tempted and see that there are loads available as 2nds.

14. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Attention anyone who owns the Long Branch in dark brown grain:

How do you care for them? I've read just a little leather lotion +/- cleaner conditioner or saddle soap. My pair has kind of a flat dull brown color, which I kind of expected from that kind of boot . . . however, in looking online at pictures of other people's LBs, I've noticed some amazing looks.

Take, for instance, this person:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I realize this is the older version with the lighter welt and thinner sole. But is the leather any different? It doesn't look like waxy brown. But it sure seems to hold somewhat of a shine. The leather looks so much better than mine there.

(source of photos above: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fiofiofiofio/12660625285/in/photostream/ )

15. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

They could have thrown some neutral cream polish on them

16. facet

facet Senior member

Not sure if this the right thread to ask this question; but have any of you ever had to remove the dressing off of the heel? On some of my shoes, the edge dressing has built up to the point where it will peel/flake off in parts. Simply covering it with more dressing doesn't really work so I was thinking it would be better if I could just remove it all together and start from scratch. I can peel some of it off with my fingers but that's super tedious. I think I read people on here using sandpaper or something like that?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  17. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Tape off welt edge then sand paper from rough grit to fine grit. Dont have the grit numbers off top of my head.

18. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

I just pulled the trigger on a pair at that price. I'm hopeful! (If your're a 10D, there's one pair left!)

19. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

I've been eyeing the Dalton. I normally wear 10D with most AE. I imagine I should size up to either 10E or 10.5D?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  20. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

try the 10 D or E before sizing up. The daltons are wider than the 5 last shoes, and not much shorter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.