• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudman43

Reaction score

Yeah, I believe several have stated that that may be fixable. Maybe try and contact AE's customer service center. I don't think that those few loose stitches will cause the shoe to come apart. I have done worse by brushing shoes. :)

-Mike
+1. I think they're just fine, no worries. J

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score

Agreed. I think you were referring to Sprint76, but mine were only cross-laced to try them on. It's actually the only comfortable way I can wear that last!

-J

Of course, if it hinders comfort then you should lace whichever way suits you best. I laced my park aves in that fashion at first and they just looked really off. Went to straight bar lace and boy are they beautiful. Luckily for me bar lacing is just as comfortable. Strands will be my next purchase. Possibly Knielworths after. Just need to secure a new job first.

mingus2112

Reaction score

Of course, if it hinders comfort then you should lace whichever way suits you best. I laced my park aves in that fashion at first and they just looked really off. Went to straight bar lace and boy are they beautiful. Luckily for me bar lacing is just as comfortable. Strands will be my next purchase. Possibly Knielworths after. Just need to secure a new job first.

meant the straight bar lacing is the only way comfortable! the cross lacing is too bumpy on the top of my foot, but easy to lace up to check the fit!

Sprint76

Reaction score
Agree, thanks for the tip, I'm still just getting used to having laces!

ypagybys.jpg

DHD28

Reaction score
What is the general consensus on wearing a shell cordovan boot (let's just say Dalton) with a vibram sole in snow? And how well can (the uppers/soles) handle crazy snow?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the general consensus on wearing a shell cordovan boot (let's just say Dalton) with a vibram sole in snow? And how well can (the uppers/soles) handle crazy snow?

I'll defer to Cold Iron, but shell should have no problem with snow. It's the rock salt used in cities as ice melt that you have to be very careful about.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
I had to send my Banchory's back and decided to take a refund instead of a remake, as I don't feel the need to force them to make the shoes a 3rd or 4th time. They somehow got to me with a lot of the pinking (the zig zags) overlapped by stitching that was supposed to be underneath. So the stitches are half over the tips of the pinking and half off.

I have no hard feelings. It was an experiment and Allison has been great. I do think I'll order a MTO brown CXL pair of the Leeds at some point. And still waiting on the Neumoks.

First the Neumoks now the Banchorys?!?!?! And you still didnt post any pics of what came in?!!! Come on buddy, we would still like to see how the design came out. You came up with unique configurations that I am sure many people would like to see in real life.

Think about it, this forum is to insight and educate everyone. Posting any and all pics is a great help, even if the shoes arent 100%.

BUMMER!!!

frankmartin

Reaction score
If any of y'all have a pair of Broadstreets (3-73 last), what size are they in relation to your 1, 5, or 7 last shoes? I'm trying to guesstimate what size I need.

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just use Criss Cross Lacing, though as I always do with criss cross, I start the bottom as "straight across on the inside outside" of the bottom eyelets. Basically, like this:
Dont you find that the criss cross ruins the dressy boot look? I considered this method... I currently use the bar method but have no support.

Septimus

Reaction score
First outing for a pair of flawless-as-far-as-I-can-tell Harrison seconds that I picked up over the holidays.

It is my first pair from the Independence line, and they feel great. I almost hate to walk on the soles.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing for a pair of flawless-as-far-as-I-can-tell Harrison seconds that I picked up over the holidays.

It is my first pair from the Independence line, and they feel great. I almost hate to walk on the soles.
Nice, Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads