1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomos

nomos Active Member

How quickly does shoebank ship out? I ordered middle of last week and received the invoice but I have not received the shipping confirmation email...

2. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Senior member

They ship them out pretty quick, mostly within 24 to 48 hours. I had occasions when I don't receive shipping confirmation but the package still showed up. I'd give it till end of tomorrow before calling them back.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Is a 8.5EE a really uncommon shoe size? There are hardly any shoes available in that size on Shoebank and Amazon. Or is it very common and that is why the stock is so low?

4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Few shaker heights and promontory point boots for 160 on AE's site.

5. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Hi, all. Hope nobody's sold too many organs, given the Labor Day sale...

... which leads me to a quick question I have:

The McGraw is calling my name, but I'd just like to double check the information I've found about the last (the 234 -- I think it's the 4 under the old numbering).

Supposedly, it's very similar to the 7-97, but with a pointed/chiseled toe. Can anyone verify that? Also, do y'all find that you wear the same size in loafers and bluchers on the 7 last? I'm really happy with how my MacNeils fit.

Thanks in advance for being enablers!

And tradbrah, though I don't shop wide shoes (since I'm narrow of foot, myself), my impression is that single E and EEE are easier to come by than double E. Not sure why. Could be that, just as a lot of Es probably squeeze into D widths, a lot of EEs are willing to swim in EEEs.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  6. mimo

mimo Senior member

Somebody PM me about them there MTO blue boots?

7. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

I have the McGraw and they're awesome. I dont have experience on the 7 lastbut got the same size in McGraw than my 5-last size and I'd say the fit is fairly similar with a tiny bit more room at the toes and a little less at the ankle (might just have to do with being a loafer tho). The toe has a very small chisel which I think looks good without being too pronounced.

8. LeviMay

LeviMay Senior member

First outing with my new Bourbon Daltons:

[​IMG]

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

In that case I think you might stand a good chance of those 15s working for you. Agree it is worth a shot. Yes I think the Malvern especially in dark brown calf is very versatile. It is a bit sleeker looking than most 1 lasted boots without being too European looking (to me).

I can't compare the 234 to the 7 personally but do own the Manchester loafer on the 7 last and Cappuccino MacNeil also on the 7 and the fit is very close. The loafer is just a little bit more snug which is a good thing IMO. I too am happy with how the 7 last fits me, good luck!

10. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Thanks. Given that the reason I like the 7-97 is that it has a little more room at the toes, and a little less room at the heel, relative to the 5, I reckon I might just go for it.

11. dave42

dave42 Member

First time post, been enjoying reading up on all the advice and building up a stable of AE. Especially useful was the advice I found about Grayson sizing (go 1 size narrower than normal) so I snagged a perfect fitting Grayson shell during the 1 day "deal" last week. Also just successfully converted a friend from law school from a Cole Haan buyer to a AE Shoebank buyer.

Wanted to know if anybody has wear experience on the Rush Street. Trying to figure out sizing. I know CXL stretches a lot (learned from Rancourt thread, but that is generally UNLINED CXL). If there is a calf lining, it seems to reason that the CXL won't stretch a ton since it can only stretch as much as the lining will allow it.

The 10.5 B Rush Street I currently have at home is pretty tight in the toes and not too comfortable right now, but not as bad as a Strand in 10.5 B would be, which I definitely can't wear.

I wear:

65 last: 11 B except Neumok, which I fit into a 10.5B
    8 last: 11 B
    Dalton: 11 B
    McGraw: 10.5B
    Grayson Shell: 11 A

Will the 10.5 B Rush Street stretch to fit like my Strands in 11 B, or should I look for an 11 B? Don't want to be swimming in 11 B after a few months of stretching.

Thanks much.

12. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I've found something similar shopping narrow shoes. There is next to nothing in a C width at least for 9.5 but there is lots in B widths

13. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Yeah. It seems to me that, if you're lucky, you can find B, D, and EEE, and anything other than that leaves you out of luck. At least AE makes them.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

What is the labor day sale?

15. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

The Shoebank's heading at the moment:

Quote:

16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

The 234 Last is the one used in the Amok and Regent Street. I find it much narrower than the 7 last. Like, a whole width narrower. It's closer to the 2 last. But maybe that's good for a loafer.

17. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Where are they for $127? Right now the Shoe Bank seems to list them for $199.

18. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I honestly had not worn my Rush St enough to see if it would stretch. That being said I sized it the same as my Strand with no expectation of it stretching much. Also I think shoe rotation is important. I have a lot of shoes so they are not going to stretch much anyway...if I was wearing them 3 days a week I guess stretching would have to play a part.

19. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Senior member

Depends on size. Size 15 D Malverns are $127

20. kentyman

kentyman Senior member

Ah, looks like suede model is more expensive than the calf version. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.