• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudman43

Reaction score

Any suggestions on a darker brown shoe to consider looking at when I stop in?

Thanks for the responses.

I have a AE store near work so I'll have to stop in again. Last time I was in, I just looked at the walnut strands and fell in love with them. I really just wish I could buy them all, seems much easier than choosing one over the other.
Fiddle, I have the Strand in both Walnut and Dk Brown and latter is also stunning. PA or FA in brown also a good choice, or what about one of the current Chili Webgems from the AE site? I also own the Clifton in Dk Brown but I think it's discontinued now; I got mine as seconds for $129. A wealth of great brown choices for you Fiddle...truly First World Problems LOL! J

tats

Reaction score
Grr - So they don't have a 7.5E in the Walnut 5th Ave.

Any ideas what size would fit as well as my 7.5 EEE Hale?

fiddlestyx

Reaction score
Fiddle, I have the Strand in both Walnut and Dk Brown and latter is also stunning. PA or FA in brown also a good choice, or what about one of the current Chili Webgems from the AE site? I also own the Clifton in Dk Brown but I think it's discontinued now; I got mine as seconds for $129. A wealth of great brown choices for you Fiddle...truly First World Problems LOL! J
First World Problems indeed! I'm really on the fence on how I feel about the Chili Webgems, I'll have to seek out some actual pictures of them. This is probably a dumb question, but are Webgems in stores?

SloopyNoob

Reaction score
First World Problems indeed! I'm really on the fence on how I feel about the Chili Webgems, I'll have to seek out some actual pictures of them. This is probably a dumb question, but are Webgems in stores?

I don't think the webgems are in stores. But trust me, the chili color is gorgeous. Here's my Daltons:

shartmann

Reaction score
Anybody else have an opinion?

I would keep them. It looks like a pretty small flaw and is in an area that's least noticeable. I would let the folks at AE know about it and keep an eye on how this spot wears over time. My guess is it will be fine, but if not and this just gets worse then maybe you could exchange. These are incredible looking shoes, but you need to make sure you will be happy with them and not always looking at and thinking about this section.

shartmann

Reaction score
I finalized a custom order on Friday, and Allison at AE mentioned there were several MTO's that had just finished and were ready to ship. She didn't want to give away the details to keep it as a surprise, so I have no idea what was made, but she did say she was really excited how they turned out. Apparently some of you have some creative, one-of-a-kind makeups coming. I look forward to the pictures!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking forward to my custom order to come also. I finalized 2 weeks ago. I am doing a MacNeil in tan suede with a single oiled sole and a medium brown edge trim.

AdamAdam

Reaction score

Any suggestions on a darker brown shoe to consider looking at when I stop in?

I happen to like Strand in bourbon. If you like something with less detail perhaps the Kenilworth. If I remember correctly the Clifton (Nordstrom) comes in dk brown. I think the Flatiron is a nice shoe in brown with just a little detail. If you want to spend some more money the Rutledge in walnut is gorgeous IMO. The other thing to consider is something in merlot. I love my merlot McAllister. It's a very versatile color.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AE stores will have samples of the webgems only. Webgems are MTO.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neumok with the pinkish/reddish laces in; I switch 'em around from time to time.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a huge Dalton fan so curious as to what Dalton mto you ordered, if you care to share.  And pics please.

originally I ordered cappuccino daltons but allison advised me the walnut was in much shorter supply. I will post pics asap, I had to delay shipping due to an upcoming trip to ny. I didn't want them hanging out in the doorstep. I also ordered a walnut belt as finding a matching belt elsewhere would have been tough especially with all the variations in shell. I am hopeful the belt and boots will come from the same run of shell.

jch1

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard of any sales in Olive neumoks? None available in my size in seconds.

Thanks in advance.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I finalized a custom order on Friday, and Allison at AE mentioned there were several MTO's that had just finished and were ready to ship. She didn't want to give away the details to keep it as a surprise, so I have no idea what was made, but she did say she was really excited how they turned out. Apparently some of you have some creative, one-of-a-kind makeups coming. I look forward to the pictures!

Very cool! One of my pairs is about to ship so hopefully they are one of the ones she is excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads