Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pudman43

pudman43 Senior member

Fiddle, I have the Strand in both Walnut and Dk Brown and latter is also stunning. PA or FA in brown also a good choice, or what about one of the current Chili Webgems from the AE site? I also own the Clifton in Dk Brown but I think it's discontinued now; I got mine as seconds for $129. A wealth of great brown choices for you Fiddle...truly First World Problems LOL! J

2. tats

tats Active Member

Grr - So they don't have a 7.5E in the Walnut 5th Ave.

Any ideas what size would fit as well as my 7.5 EEE Hale?

3. fiddlestyx

fiddlestyx Active Member

First World Problems indeed! I'm really on the fence on how I feel about the Chili Webgems, I'll have to seek out some actual pictures of them. This is probably a dumb question, but are Webgems in stores?

4. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

I don't think the webgems are in stores. But trust me, the chili color is gorgeous. Here's my Daltons:

[​IMG]

5. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I would keep them. It looks like a pretty small flaw and is in an area that's least noticeable. I would let the folks at AE know about it and keep an eye on how this spot wears over time. My guess is it will be fine, but if not and this just gets worse then maybe you could exchange. These are incredible looking shoes, but you need to make sure you will be happy with them and not always looking at and thinking about this section.

6. shartmann

shartmann Senior member

I finalized a custom order on Friday, and Allison at AE mentioned there were several MTO's that had just finished and were ready to ship. She didn't want to give away the details to keep it as a surprise, so I have no idea what was made, but she did say she was really excited how they turned out. Apparently some of you have some creative, one-of-a-kind makeups coming. I look forward to the pictures!

7. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I am looking forward to my custom order to come also. I finalized 2 weeks ago. I am doing a MacNeil in tan suede with a single oiled sole and a medium brown edge trim.

8. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

I should receive my mto daltons next week. I can't wait to see all the mtos coming rolling in.

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I'm a huge Dalton fan so curious as to what Dalton mto you ordered, if you care to share. And pics please.

10. AdamAdam

AdamAdam Senior member

I happen to like Strand in bourbon. If you like something with less detail perhaps the Kenilworth. If I remember correctly the Clifton (Nordstrom) comes in dk brown. I think the Flatiron is a nice shoe in brown with just a little detail. If you want to spend some more money the Rutledge in walnut is gorgeous IMO. The other thing to consider is something in merlot. I love my merlot McAllister. It's a very versatile color.

11. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The AE stores will have samples of the webgems only. Webgems are MTO.

12. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

[​IMG]

Neumok with the pinkish/reddish laces in; I switch 'em around from time to time.

13. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

originally I ordered cappuccino daltons but allison advised me the walnut was in much shorter supply. I will post pics asap, I had to delay shipping due to an upcoming trip to ny. I didn't want them hanging out in the doorstep. I also ordered a walnut belt as finding a matching belt elsewhere would have been tough especially with all the variations in shell. I am hopeful the belt and boots will come from the same run of shell.

14. jch1

jch1 Senior member

Has anyone seen or heard of any sales in Olive neumoks? None available in my size in seconds.

Thanks in advance.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Very cool! One of my pairs is about to ship so hopefully they are one of the ones she is excited about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.