• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Malvern and Amok and attest to the fit compared to Strands (5 Last)?

AE website says size up for Malvern according to user reviews (runs small, runs narrow, etc). Wondering if any of you guys have similar experience?

Thanks in advance

I have Strands and Malverns and wear the same size in both. That said, I do notice that the Malvern is slightly more narrow than the Strands.

the_drizzle

Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the Malvern and Amok and attest to the fit compared to Strands (5 Last)?

AE website says size up for Malvern according to user reviews (runs small, runs narrow, etc). Wondering if any of you guys have similar experience?

Thanks in advance

It runs narrow for me (I wear 11D).

I didn't get a wider pair so it took a while to break in.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score

Which outlet are you referring to? Please let me know. I tried one of the AE outlets and they were not aware of a current sale on the Dalton.

AE Outlet Freeport ME. I was dealing with Edward. Boots arrived today, no discernible defects. Wearing them (10.5D), they're a little tight in the width at the ball - do people think they'll stretch?

These Dalton calf boots are my first pair of AEs. I'm a 10D in an Alden Barrie shoes with dress socks. I wear a 10.5 with hiking socks in Alden Trubalance (Indy) and they're a little loose. I wear an 11D in Alden Plaza boot with hiking socks and they fit perfect.

Should I keep them? If I size up, should I go 10.5E or 11D?

Last edited:

CJG_NYC

Reaction score
I'm sure this was addressed in this thread somewhere...

I just got the email for the 'through February 5th' outlet sale. Who is the best person to contact (I'm in NYC) to find out local outlet store inventories?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sure this was addressed in this thread somewhere...

I just got the email for the 'through February 5th' outlet sale. Who is the best person to contact (I'm in NYC) to find out local outlet store inventories?

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE STORE OUTLET
32 Main St
Freeport Maine, 04032-1239
207-865-6222
[email protected]

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE BANK II OUTLET
18900 West Bluemound Road, Suite 15
Brookfield Wisconsin, 53045
262-785-6666
[email protected]

ALLEN EDMONDS SHOE BANK OUTLET
201 East Seven Hills Road
Port Washington Wisconsin, 53074
262-284-7158
[email protected]

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AE Outlet Freeport ME. I was dealing with Edward. Boots arrived today, no discernible defects. Wearing them (10.5D), they're a little tight in the width at the ball - do people think they'll stretch?
These Dalton calf boots are my first pair of AEs. I'm a 10D in an Alden Barrie shoes with dress socks. I wear a 10.5 with hiking socks in Alden Trubalance (Indy) and they're a little loose. I wear an 11D in Alden Plaza boot with hiking socks and they fit perfect.

I am not sure how much they will stretch since I am still waiting on getting mine in Dark Brown, which I have been waiting for even before the sale. But back to your topic, if they have a 10.5E u should order those and compare what you have and return the one that you don't like. I think given the information that you wear 10D in Alden Barrie last, the 10.5D should be a length, and the problem, to me, could be the width.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score

I am not sure how much they will stretch since I am still waiting on getting mine in Dark Brown, which I have been waiting for even before the sale. But back to your topic, if they have a 10.5E u should order those and compare what you have and return the one that you don't like. I think given the information that you wear 10D in Alden Barrie last, the 10.5D should be a length, and the problem, to me, could be the width.

Thanks for the info. Been following the Mac method of breaking them in - been wearing them for a couple of hours on a carpet. Called and spoke to Edward in Freeport again and they don't have any ones in 10.5E or 11D. If anyones looking for a 10D or 11.5(E or EEE), they still have those...

reidrothchild

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

I would say size up in length or width in Malvern. I am a normal 11.5 D but had to size up to a 12D. They're supposedly on the same last as the Leeds, but the Leeds fit me huge. The Malverns, on the other hand, are noticeably shorter than all the other 11.5D's I have from AE.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score

how much were the daltons /w the sale

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$150.00 for the Dalton "Factory Seconds" boots in Walnut calf. Cannot see any flaws...

Edward told me that they don't usually have too many seconds boots in compare to the non-boots.

so I guess I can relate why yours cannot see any flaws

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads