Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I'll throw my experience out there, but take this as only one data point, as it seems others have had different experiences. I had to size up for the MacNeil from my Clifton size: 11D Clifton, 11.5D MacNeil. I'm not sure if I'm typical, though.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Thanks. Guess I'll pop into a store at some point and find out (to be safe). Cheers!

3. Bonggoy

Bonggoy Senior member

Macneil's are wider than the Cliftons. I am E in Cliftons (calf) but I was able to get away with D width in Macneil's (shell).

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've never tried the 8 last but the 7 is a weird fit. I'm a 5 man and the 7 was wider in the center of the foot and the heel, precisely where I DIDN'T need the space. Also fit weird in the stride.

5. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

6. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

what kind of boot is that on the left side? is it the AE Fifth Street? what color is it?

7. suitntieguy

suitntieguy Senior member

8. Bonggoy

Bonggoy Senior member

This is just me, I would avoid that shoes, not because of the creasing but how old they are. They would be uncomfortable since those already formed to the foot of the original owner. I bought a couple of used AE and had to donate them because of the same reason. I will buy used pants, suit and sometimes shirt, but not shoes. Just my opinion.

9. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Yes, get them. I have the same pair and the wear showing on this pair is not much different than what I see on mine. That is a very good price for a pair of shoes that will last you a long time and look great.

FWIW - some people have a thing about used shoes, but I've purchased most of my pairs this way and never had a problem with the footbed being shaped to the previous owners foot or anything like this. Maybe if they were Birkenstocks or something with a soft insole I would be concerned, but not with a pair of Park Avenue's.

10. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

If they are recraftable you could do that and get a shoe in better condition back.

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I have that same pair in size 12B (my perfect size I think) and I have worn them around 20 times, they do not show nearly that much wear. I will try and post a picture later of the creasing. Bear in mind, mine have shoe trees put in immediately after wearing them every time.

I think the thing I hate most about used shoes is that there is already wear in the insole, meaning you are cramming your foot into someone else's footprint so to speak. This isn't a problem is the shoes are hardly used, but if they have seen some wear they could potentially be very uncomfortable.

12. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

Thanks for the advice guys.

13. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Exactly - add another $100 to the Ebay price and he practically has a brand new pair of shoes for about half of the MSRP.

14. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

i received my players seconds from the shoe bank and found that the left heel of the shoe is missing a rubber-like layer, therefore makes the shoe has a different height when wearing it. The shoe bank already found another pair for me to exchange. Now I hope that this new pair will be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.