• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was an Italian made line they experimented with a couple of years ago (they had several models). It had a higher price point than typical AE models, but with extensive added detailing and quality. Evidently, they did not sell well, but you can still get them new from AE, for a great price right now (although you might have to track a pair down). They are pretty amazing.

great price??

DMcG

Reaction score

Just grabbed a pair of walnut Nordstrom Player's for $159. I had a pair of Lombards and wasn't in love. Hoping these are better with the extra details...double leather sole, etc.

Is that the price on seconds from the Shoe Bank? Or are they available elsewhere at that price?

easy_golfing

Reaction score

The AE retail store near me use to stock them. I was able to buy the Tresana's there, and they ordered me in the Vinci's from another AE retail store. Most of them were sent back to the shoe bank, from what i was told, but they can definitely be found.

if you don't mind me asking, how much are they going for?

REguy

Reaction score

Is that the price on seconds from the Shoe Bank? Or are they available elsewhere at that price?

Yes, they're seconds. I have yet to get a pair of seconds that were so objectionable I had to return them. Fingers crossed my luck continues.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, they're seconds. I have yet to get a pair of seconds that were so objectionable I had to return them. Fingers crossed my luck continues.

how's the quality on urs? pretty good? the 11D that i tried on in store was pretty good quality.

i m debating between the golden goose longwing on thecorner and the walnut players because I want either a longwing or a wingtip.

but given that i dunno anything about golden goose, it's an italian brand i might just go with the players. even if that means i will have 2 walnut color shoes, the Strand and the Players. :slayer:

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score
They're in transit. I'll try and remember to post pics.

454Casull

Reaction score

This, plus most shoes are shaped to extend a little past your toes. On some shoes, it's not really that the shoe is too short, it's that the tapered, pointy part is too narrow, so your foot does not go all the way to the front; i.e.: there's a bunch of unused shoe length there. If the wide part of the shoe is wide enough to accommodate your foot, then that unused tapered space is enough to accommodate your toes. Doesn't always work; but as tv2177 says, the 2 last is pretty long.

Cool beans.

So, 8.5EE or a 8.5EEE for a true 9E in Strand last?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the 2 last is longer than usual so the consensus sized down on the length.

454Casull and tv2177: the two of you are talking about completely different shoes. 454Casull asked about the fit of the Strands, which is on the 5 last. As shown above, tv2177 responded regarding the 2 last. I have Park Avenues and Strands in the 5 last and find them TTS for me. I have heard the same from others as well. If these are your first AE's, I would make every effort to get sized before purchasing. If that's not possible, I would buy the Strands in your normal size as a starting point.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

454Casull and tv2177:  the two of you are talking about completely different shoes.  454Casull asked about the fit of the Strands, which is on the 5 last.  As shown above, tv2177 responded regarding the 2 last.  I have Park Avenues and Strands in the 5 last and find them TTS for me.  I have heard the same from others as well.  If these are your first AE's, I would make every effort to get sized before purchasing.  If that's not possible, I would buy the Strands in your normal size as a starting point.

that must be my mistake. i meant the 5 last when i said that the last is longer. Here we go, some people find it TTS when I find that I need to sized down to get the best fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads