• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am gonna sell my brand new seconds 10.5E Brown Fifth Ave for $165 shipped if anyone is interested let me know, I got some pics. I can't find any wrong with the shoe but it's being marked as seconds. I will put it on B&S later this week.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on the 11D Walnut Player's today up in Freeport. Sadly [and not surprisingly] they didn't fit. I probably needed a 10.5E or 11E just as most of you guys mentioned about the #2 last. So if anyone's looking for an 11D in the beautiful walnut player's wingtip, there's a pair in Freeport. They were on hold for me since early in the week. The #5 lasted Kenilworth in 11D works great for me but this last was much narrower.

Anybody know when the next Nordstrom sale is going to be? I may wait for that and pick up the walnut player's there. They list all widths so I should be able to get an 10.5E or 11E.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am gonna sell my brand new seconds 10.5E Brown Fifth Ave for $165 shipped if anyone is interested let me know, I got some pics. I can't find any wrong with the shoe but it's being marked as seconds. I will put it on B&S later this week.

I think you and I are pretty close to the same size. I wish you were selling the walnut players :)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked up these Vinci's in expresso brown, the longer i get to enjoy the now discontinued Seven series, the more i do not understand how it did poorly.

I'm really pleased with them, the Vinci looks very similar in style as the Kenilworth. Cut seems to be similar, but obviously, details are extensive on the Vinci's. I strongly recommend finding a pair (any pair of the seven series really) and buying it while you can, fantastic stuff :nodding:

That's real sharp. Thanks for posting.

REguy

Reaction score
Player's seconds arrived today. The fit is great, customer service was excellent, and I can't find any flaws. For $159, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I think the double leather sole makes a huge difference along with the dovetail heel. Not so much from a functional standpoint, but aesthetically they make the shoe look richer.

AEPlayers2.jpg

AEPlayers1.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Player's seconds arrived today. The fit is great, customer service was excellent, and I can't find any flaws. For $159, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I think the double leather sole makes a huge difference along with the dovetail heel. Not so much from a functional standpoint, but aesthetically they make the shoe look richer.

After seeing your images, I'm even more bummed I didn't get a pair that fit. They look great.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a pair of AE Strands today (went up half a size from what I take in Alden's Barrie last). I'm getting a little bit of heel slip in the shoes. Does anybody know if I can expect this heel slip to go away after the shoes break in a little?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you and I are pretty close to the same size. I wish you were selling the walnut players :)

ha, I think I tried on that pair of 11D walnut players as well just this past Sunday. I went TTS tho and it fits me pretty good. so I think I ma take that pair.

REguy you also went TTS on ur players right?

REguy

Reaction score
^ Yep. The #2 last fits me like a dream :slayer:

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Yep. The #2 last fits me like a dream :slayer:

they toe box is a bit tight when i go TTS, but a little lose when I sized doww, so TTS is good for me.

do you mind tell me how much toe room you got in the front of the shoe? mine is about the width of my thumb, and that 's what Ed told me how it should fit.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on the 11D Walnut Player's today up in Freeport. Sadly [and not surprisingly] they didn't fit. I probably needed a 10.5E or 11E just as most of you guys mentioned about the #2 last. So if anyone's looking for an 11D in the beautiful walnut player's wingtip, there's a pair in Freeport. They were on hold for me since early in the week. The #5 lasted Kenilworth in 11D works great for me but this last was much narrower.
Anybody know when the next Nordstrom sale is going to be? I may wait for that and pick up the walnut player's there. They list all widths so I should be able to get an 10.5E or 11E.

the reason it didn't fit you is because the width, not the length right?

REguy

Reaction score
My toes aren't close to the tip of the shoes due to the 2's more pointed shape. And yeah, I'd say I have about a thumbs width. I have less room in some shoes and more room in others. In terms of sizing, as long as the widest part of my foot corresponds to the widest part of the shoes, the toes generally take care of themselves.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the reason it didn't fit you is because the width, not the length right?

Exactly, length was fine but I'm on the wide side of D.

...In terms of sizing, as long as the widest part of my foot corresponds to the widest part of the shoes, the toes generally take care of themselves.

I feel the same but those narrow lasts like 5 and 2 are hit or miss for me. Blucher lacing seems to allow me to fit a D just fine but in the Park Ave. for instance, I'd need an E. The 7 works well for me in 11D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads