Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Excellent Chris! Would definitely like to see them. Been on the fence for some time now.

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Same here for a pair of Malverns where they replaced the heels. The weird thing was the boots came back sprayed with something sticky. Even the shoelaces are stiff and crusty. Yet, the boots looked better when I sent them in than when they came back to me. Not sure what AE did with them.

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The Parkway in Walnut looks nice. For a casual color like Walnut, the Parkway's raised stitching is less of an issue.

4. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Me too just about to pull the trigger my self

5. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Looking forward to those pictures! This colour makes me incline to purchase them. They look like a much better grey than on the AE website.

6. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Senior member

Very excited to see! Mine shipped yesterday!!!!

7. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

i asked about caring for the long branch and its so many pages behind that i couldnt find an answer. They are the brown grain leather long branch. I love the boots and plan to wear them out but as they are rugged sole, they can take a little more of a beating but i would like to not destroy the leather. should they be cared for the same way my AE strands are or differently because of the leather?

8. mp906

mp906 Senior member

Good Lord, I ordered some Chocolate Daltons yesterday too. This sale is like crack cocaine.

9. Archimon

Archimon Member

Can't wait to see if theres another come monday. Seriously though, all of these Grey leather is anticlimactic for me. Seeing all of these styles I like but with the unfortunate color is frustrating!

10. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Nice Job and looking good! Love mine both the cigar color and fit. Over time and brushing the shine should even out on the toes. Our program is similar except I use a wool sock instead of cotton and finish with a nylon stocking with my hand in the foot area. And of course a brush and water brushing from time to time. Good luck on your shake down cruise, that is when I always seem to do the most damage to mine for some reason, likely because I am thinking about it. Wearing Dark Brown Dundee's for the first time today so not thinking about it! Enjoy wearing your 744's.

11. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

For what it's worth, above is my response to your first question. On their comprehensive shoe care pdf they say to care for the Dark Brown and the Brown Waxy Long Branches the same way.

12. TurboTropic

TurboTropic Senior member

I wonder what percentage of AE shoes get marked as being seconds? They seem to have an awful lot at the ShoeBank sometimes, not just for models that have been discontinued.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

13. dustygator

dustygator Member

After seeing someone post their Burnished Walnut Routledge's a few pages back, I had to get a pair. Got my seconds in the mail yesterday and they look fantastic. The color is definitely darker than the standard Walnut but personally I think it's the perfect shade of brown.

[​IMG]

There were a few minor flaws (shoelace hole punched slightly too large, etc) that I'm not worried about and two that I am.

First, the heel on the right shoe has a very small gap between the heel and outsole.

[​IMG]

It doesn't look like it'll be problematic now or even for a while. The gap is only noticeable from the back. On the sides as it gets towards the middle of the shoe it disappears. I'm guessing if the worst happens and the heel completely falls off, I could get it repaired at a cobbler for fairly cheap?

The second one I am more worried about.On the outside of the arch of the left shoe, there seems to be some 'bite marks' in the leather. I'm guessing when they were attaching the upper to the insole/welt that they did it in the wrong place at first and when they undid it, it left holes from the stitching. It's hard to see and wouldn't be a looks issue. I'm wondering if this would comprise the quality of the rest of stitching/welting (unlikely but just in case) and whether this could be a problem if water/melted snow were to get in (more likely).

[​IMG]

I'm tempted to keep them because these are by far the nicest shoes I've bought and an exchange would be annoying with having to pay shipping. Not to mention the next pair could have ugly finishing issues which would be an insta-return.

Thanks in advance.

14. captstatic

captstatic Member

[​IMG]

I am wearing my new gray Daltons to the office today. I have to say they were stiff as a board out of the box and squeak like rubbing two balloons together. However, after several hours of wear they are softening up, quieting down, and feeling great! Very pleased and even got two compliments already.

Also note... they look lighter in this picture than they actually are. We have very bright white lighting in my office. They are more like a mid charcoal gray.

Chris

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013

15. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Ummm. What sale is this? President's day?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.