• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday. Daltons in cordovan.

IMG_20210915_1534190.jpg IMG_20210915_1915372.jpg IMG_20210915_1518582.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoes are meant to be worn. But on the other hand, if they are worn sparingly, they will someday be wearable vintage, like these Florsheims made 40 years ago. Today is haircut day with George. George is an old school barber. The entire place is covered in 1970s wood panel. One chair. He keeps bourbon and a few other bottles on the shelf next to the combs in blue liquid. There is also an ample supply of old Playboys mixed in with the Field and Streams. Covid nearly ended his business. I asked what was the hardest part of the lockdown and he said he realized his kitchen was not large enough for him and his wife. Understated but understood. He was glad to be back at work.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Pals. Anyone know what these are? Thx :) (Edit: I did search past threads, but am still confused...)

3614S
Boardwalk Bright Saddle Gold

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
The less-than-famous Grantham, AE's take on the three eye PTB. This appeared in their lineup with essentially no fanfare around 2017, when the 1943 last was really gaining traction. Guess the Cornwallis used up all the marketing budget. Not much to talk about and that's the point: it's just the shoe-iest shoe that ever shoed. The 1943 last is my favorite from AE, as I think it lands perfectly in that strike zone between the blobbier American style and the spears that trendy European makers call shoes. Goes with everything from jeans all the way up to a light casual suit. I travel with them a lot due to the versatility, including to many wet dreary places (my favorite actually...matches my generally gloomy disposition), and it didn't take long for them to need a resole. New soles are in red Dainite which hopefully will last longer, plus it adds a touch of fun for anyone looking.

20210916_081109.jpg

20210916_111345.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, Pals. Anyone know what these are? Thx :) (Edit: I did search past threads, but am still confused...)

3614S

It is the cousin of the Strandmok.
0B900ABE-1CC1-4EC8-8AA6-BD8B9DA36C10.jpeg

You can call it a reverse burnish or rub off finish. As you wear and scuff the leather, the golden base color becomes apparent giving you an antique look. The actual base leather color is golden and a brown finish is added. Some is rubbed off at the factory. Boardwalks had a unique fit characteristic that made them a tough sell. AE has never been great with open lacing systems.

EdwardWilson

Reaction score

3614S

My friend those are one of my favourite AEs. Extremely comfortable. They were sort of a Nordstrom Rack model but I love mine. The natural welt and light stitching is just divine.

Speaking of Nordstrom Rack models…
240FA9E5-4B5A-4EFF-8F2F-ED777E72E64F.jpeg

Last edited:

EdwardWilson

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads