• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm bone...

Now if we gave some quality mommy/daddy time to 4632 (bone Strandmok) and 1635 (walnut Strand), maybe, just maybe, we would get a walnut/bone Strand spectator...

<insert Beavis and Butthead comment here>
Oh snap...a 1776 reboot in suede in time for the 4th of July?!?
0E8396B5-CD96-49DE-9585-2800C8E2C820.jpeg B40C38D9-EECA-4FD5-A6FD-670511DDE65D.jpeg 18A3367B-85E8-4757-ADB2-100E6A28A093.jpeg
Calling @ae_ashley!!!

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the jinglebellmok's and piad full price and my favorite shoe makeup if they offer my 12.5 size is the Strandmok, but let's be honest how many of you will by another holiday themed shoe since most you guys haven't gotten on board with the Christmas ones??
Is this FOMO because of past 1776 offerings?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll pass on the bone because I'm afraid of dirt, but I'll probably get the other two pairs, blue is my favorite color

Southwick

Reaction score
Missing my home town a bit, but don’t think it’s 75 up there today.

Circa 2014 Lake Shore Drive while doing some shoe maintenance.
View attachment 1568105
View attachment 1568106
Well, I’ll be damned. You are the first person in the group I have seen wearing the Lake Shore Drive besides me! How do you take care of them? I kind of preferred their original light tan color. Mine have darkened to a shade almost exactly like yours. Great, great shoe.

Southwick

Reaction score
Missing my home town a bit, but don’t think it’s 75 up there today.

Circa 2014 Lake Shore Drive while doing some shoe maintenance.
View attachment 1568105
View attachment 1568106
PS. I’m debating now whether to send them in to be recrafted but since i paid about $150 for them on Shoebank I don’t know whether to give them away or pull the trigger. What does everyone think?

Southwick

Reaction score
Also available in PA sneaker. This is Horween Essex leather. It will darken significantly over time.... super awesome
That’s where you lost me. I’d prefer the lighter color stay light.

AEfaninTampa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I’ll be damned. You are the first person in the group I have seen wearing the Lake Shore Drive besides me! How do you take care of them? I kind of preferred their original light tan color. Mine have darkened to a shade almost exactly like yours. Great, great shoe.
I don’t wear them enough! As for care, I hit ‘em with a good lather of saddle soap, rinse them off and let them dry. Once dry, then I give them a coat of Bick4 and brush. That’s it. The hardest part of care is keeping the reverse leather tassels in tact. My tassels look like they have been on the working end of a stripper that has been in the business past her prime. ?
PS. I’m debating now whether to send them in to be recrafted but since i paid about $150 for them on Shoebank I don’t know whether to give them away or pull the trigger. What does everyone think?
If you have worked your way through the stitching on the Dainite, you may be better off price-wise with a local cobbler. If you can get that done for less than $75 then do it, otherwise, I would look to see what tassel loafers are on Shoebank for $150.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they fit you? Are they comfortable? What does it matter if it cost 150 on the shoebank, if they have lots of life but for the sole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads