• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a thought about the heel counter discussion: I think having shell for the heel counter is preferable. I don't know about y'all but the heel counter is what I inevitably scuff/scratch/etc. Having it be made out of shell is going to make it easier to maintain and keep looking good for a long time.
Shark is the toughest, most abrasion-resistant material I’ve ever had on a shoe.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... unruly protest in Port Washington might be an option.

I'll see myself out. :)
1610661630865.gif

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SMU’s are an absurd deal right now, if I read your post correctly.

Your watch collection is awesome and just wanted you to know it’s noticed. I like when someone has a knack for not just the major brands but the great Micros too. My new Baltic is my favorite watch in a while and it blew away my expectations.
View attachment 1535682

and to keep it on AE, I’m still breaking in these Gridiron in football grain

View attachment 1535685
Nice. Here is my Christmas gift this year when it was brand new

B60F1D66-3985-400A-BBE6-88FECFC0B64D.jpeg

Also, wearing the golden goose of AE boots today. The OGs.

15E3E67E-FB7B-4902-9A68-AA3CD8FAA35A.jpeg

Rufian

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with sizing? Store is too far away for me to go and that's if they have my size

I wear 11D on hopkinson.

I'm assuming I should be at 11.5D with the Nomad to be on the safe side

Ashley_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2021 Shell And Shark Mixed Media Landon GMTO
  • Mixed media Landon featuring a shell cordovan body and shark side panels
  • All Black welt and edge
  • JR sole
  • Three available colors in shell:
    • Navy Cordovan/Black Shark (Max 20 pairs)
    • Black Cordovan/Black Shark
    • Burgundy Cordovan/Black Shark
  • $725
  • orders being placed through 1/30
  • Lead time of 8-12 weeks
thumbnail_pastedImagebase640.png

All orders will be placed through my Charleston store. I am waiting on style numbers, so I can't ring yet, but feel free to call or email to let me know you're in.

Navy is going to be first come first serve. I have twenty spots, and once those are up, I'll be limited to using black and burgundy.

Thank you guys. Let me know if I can help in any way. This has been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to showing my leadership how passionate we are about GMTOs and doing more of these in the future

Ashley

srlclark

Reaction score
A question for you all: why is the color range so much less complete under Caleres than previously? There are still, admittedly, a good range of colors for the major styles (especially the Strand and Park Avenue). However, many styles now come only in black, walnut, and chili/dark chili. Excluding clearance colors, this is true of the following major styles: McAllister, Dalton, Carlyle, Delray, and Cornwallis (the last of which is on clearance in all colors). Other styles, such as the Lake Forest, Marin, St. John, and Plymouth aren't even available in chili, except on clearance, and are only available in black and walnut. It seems as though there are plenty of other colors around - cigar, olive, coffee, copper, and carbon, to name a few; however, they are mostly restricted to a few styles these days.

When I first started following AE in the fall of 2014, there was a much more extensive color range available on most of the major styles. As far as I recall, it included most of these colors on most of the styles I listed above that were around then: black, dark brown, bourbon, walnut, chili/dark chili [this was around the time that Bob's chili was introduced and before it was renamed dark chili - even the regular chili these days is a good bit darker than it was back then], merlot, and oxblood. [It was also around the time that oxblood was introduced, and it did overlap with merlot for a time, although they weren't both available on every style. For example, the McAllister was available in merlot but not in oxblood, while the Strand was available in oxblood but not in merlot].

So, they've gone from six or even seven color options in many styles to three or even two.

And there was a time in 2016 or 2017 when there were even more options. For example, midnight navy was available in a wide range of styles for a year or two. And there was one year when the Cornwallis was available in about nine colors - something like black, brown, oxblood, walnut, dark chili, red, green, blue, and perhaps midnight navy. And possibly bourbon and merlot, too.

There is admittedly more variety on some dress-casual styles, such as the Strandmok, Neumok, and Higgins Mill. So perhaps that's the answer: they are putting more resources into more casual styles to match the changing aesthetic of the clientele.

Even with these styles, the color options have tended to shift from being leather ones to suede ones. For example, the blue/navy, green/olive, and red Strandmoks and Neumoks all used to be available in leather, whereas now the interesting colors are mostly shades of suede.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question for you all: why is the color range so much less complete under Caleres than previously? There are still, admittedly, a good range of colors for the major styles (especially the Strand and Park Avenue). However, many styles now come only in black, walnut, and chili/dark chili. Excluding clearance colors, this is true of the following major styles: McAllister, Dalton, Carlyle, Delray, and Cornwallis (the last of which is on clearance in all colors). Other styles, such as the Lake Forest, Marin, St. John, and Plymouth aren't even available in chili, except on clearance, and are only available in black and walnut. It seems as though there are plenty of other colors around - cigar, olive, coffee, copper, and carbon, to name a few; however, they are mostly restricted to a few styles these days.

When I first started following AE in the fall of 2014, there was a much more extensive color range available on most of the major styles. As far as I recall, it included most of these colors on most of the styles I listed above that were around then: black, dark brown, bourbon, walnut, chili/dark chili [this was around the time that Bob's chili was introduced and before it was renamed dark chili - even the regular chili these days is a good bit darker than it was back then], merlot, and oxblood. [It was also around the time that oxblood was introduced, and it did overlap with merlot for a time, although they weren't both available on every style. For example, the McAllister was available in merlot but not in oxblood, while the Strand was available in oxblood but not in merlot].

So, they've gone from six or even seven color options in many styles to three or even two.

And there was a time in 2016 or 2017 when there were even more options. For example, midnight navy was available in a wide range of styles for a year or two. And there was one year when the Cornwallis was available in about nine colors - something like black, brown, oxblood, walnut, dark chili, red, green, blue, and perhaps midnight navy. And possibly bourbon and merlot, too.

There is admittedly more variety on some dress-casual styles, such as the Strandmok, Neumok, and Higgins Mill. So perhaps that's the answer: they are putting more resources into more casual styles to match the changing aesthetic of the clientele.

Even with these styles, the color options have tended to shift from being leather ones to suede ones. For example, the blue/navy, green/olive, and red Strandmoks and Neumoks all used to be available in leather, whereas now the interesting colors are mostly shades of suede.

AE hates dark brown calf.

Other than that, beats me.:-D

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • JR sole
  • $725
View attachment 1535824

All orders will be placed through my Charleston store. I am waiting on style numbers, so I can't ring yet, but feel free to call or email to let me know you're in.

Navy is going to be first come first serve. I have twenty spots, and once those are up, I'll be limited to using black and burgundy.

Thank you guys. Let me know if I can help in any way. This has been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to showing my leadership how passionate we are about GMTOs and doing more of these in the future

Ashley
I’m happy to see the burgundy/black option!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
  • JR sole
  • $725
View attachment 1535824

Ashley
What color hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads